Need some insight please and thanks

Options
Hello all, new to the app. Using it about 2 weeks now, lost a few pounds and feeling good. My question is this. As the days go by I’m finding it harder and harder to meet my calorie goal of 2010. Why is that? I eat about 400 for breakfast, 500 for lunch and have the rest left over for dinner. It’s more than I can eat!
Starting weight, 280
Current weight, 273
Walk 6miles a day
Do I need to stuff myself and eat my allowance or stop when I’m full?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Have a little ice cream.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Are you cutting super low on fat and/or carbs? If so, that's the issue, eat some nuts, use some oil, add some cheese. You won't need to stuff yourself.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    You might find it easier to reach your goal if you increase your breakfast and lunch calories so you don't have so many left to eat at dinner.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    add in more fat to your evening meal.
  • Servalbanshee
    Servalbanshee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Really appreciate the answers. I want to lose weight the most efficiently I can, but also the most healthy. My BMR is 2156 and TDEE 2940, my daily goes is 2010, dunno if that helps.

Even though I feel “stuffed” it’s OK to eat the calories right? I just feel like I’m getting fat doing so. I am going to try and eat 4 meals a day at 500 each. Hope that will help. Lemurcat, I’m not real good at all the individual macros at all.
    I am COMPLETELY new to all of this. Are there any fatty foods I should avoid to lose faster or are all calories the same? I’ve attached the pie chart of yesterday, I was 710 away from my goal. 3jpc11ud0wnj.png
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Are you 100% sure in your accuracy in logging? Are you using a food scale and checking the entries? It could be you are eating more calories than you realize.

Another thing is you could be in the "honeymoon" phase. Basically, you are excited to be losing weight and you are feeling comfortable with the lower calories. Once that wears off, eating at a deficit doesn't feel as fulfilling, if that makes sense.

Personally, I do not think you should eat when you are full. That is from my own experience that eating when I wasn't hungry was what caused me to gain the weight in the first place. Your experience, however, may be different.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Your fat is pretty low. Switch to full fat foods and/or cook with oils. You can add in the calories without stuffing yourself.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Yes, it looks like you are cutting low on fat and carbs. IMO, it's common to do that when first starting to eat well and watch calories and it can make you feel not hungry at first (same with the whole excitement over dieting), but it's not that sustainable.

When I first started logging I had the same thing happen, and realized I was eating lower than I should be (below 1200 -- I'm a 5'3 woman and wasn't yet active), and so I stopped being as restrictive and started cooking with oil again, using small amounts of cheese, eating protein sources other than whitefish and boneless, skinless chicken breast, allowing myself to eat pasta. I think making sure you are including foods that make meals enjoyable and not just as low cal as possible can be important given that this is a long-term process.

As for whether there are any fats you should avoid for weight loss, no -- calories are what matter for weight loss, but of course it's also good to have a healthy diet. In moderation pretty much anything can be fine. Think about what you like (although I will say that I try to have some nuts or seeds most days and think they are really good sources of fat, as is avocado, olives and olive oil, and fatty fish like salmon). On the other hand, cheese is amazing, and getting some fat with some cuts of meat is quite delicious. If you are using egg whites, eat the whole egg.

Remember that carbs aren't scary either -- it's okay to have some bread or pasta or rice or potatoes (in fact, potatoes and sweet potatoes have a lot of nutrients).
  • Servalbanshee
    Servalbanshee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Like I said totally new to this app, not sure how to reply to one person or if I can.

CassandraW3, yea I’m writing everything to a T on a food scale. Using the app to scan items and setting the serving size accordingly. I feel the same way. Don’t eat if your not hungry, thus the confusion lol.

Lemur and Concordancia you both agree my fat is pretty low so I’ll do my best to include a little more fat. I’ve been eating things like lean chicken breast, lean steak meat lunch and dinner, whatever for breakfast. All meals with some sort of vegetable. Everything is weighed that isn’t individually packed. The chicken for example is 160 calories/4oz, (showed up when scanned) I eat 2 servings which for me it’s a lot of meat! With it I’ll eat a 131gram serving of peas or spinach.

Thank y’all for the help. I’ll report back!