PROTEIN POWDER

SO THERE ARE LOTS BRANDS FOR PROTEIN POWDER, WHAT A GOOD BRAND AND WHY FOR A GIRL ON A BUDGET? NOT REALLY SURE WHICH ONES ARE BETTER WHEN READING THE LABEL.. HOW I SHOULD GO ABOUT PICKING ONE.

Replies

• SARRY562
    SARRY562 Posts: 123 Member
    SARRY562 wrote: »
    SO THERE ARE LOTS BRANDS FOR PROTEIN POWDER, WHAT A GOOD BRAND AND WHY FOR A GIRL ON A BUDGET? NOT REALLY SURE WHICH ONES ARE BETTER WHEN READING THE LABEL.. HOW I SHOULD GO ABOUT PICKING ONE.

still a good question? back in 2012 i lost 40lbs now fast forward to 2018 i had a baby in 2017 and seem like i gained all my weight back and now i am trying to lose it all plus some so its like all new what is a good protein powder out there for a girl on a budget?

• SpicyWater
    SpicyWater Posts: 99 Member
    I enjoy Premier protein powder, the chocolate kind. You can get it at Wal-Mart for like $18 for 17 servings.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    edited December 2018
    My protein, order it online it was something like $15 for 33 servings and I got free shipping over the holiday. My brother is a personal trainer and recommended it to me as the cheapest and best tasting. I think it’s alright, mixes pretty good with yogurt and tastes like chocolate pudding.
  • Ducks47
    Ducks47 Posts: 131 Member
    I would look for least processed and least sugar. Ingredients you know what are. Consider Bob’s Red Mill or Vega. Maybe you could just use powdered peanut butter.
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    Check the labels... Some of this stuff is 50% or more filler. Mine is 25 grams protein per 30 gram scoop 110 calories. I looked at some that were 20 grams protein per 45.5 gram serving at 160 calories. It pays to read labels.
  • SpicyWater
    SpicyWater Posts: 99 Member
    yukfoo wrote: »
    Check the labels... Some of this stuff is 50% or more filler. Mine is 25 grams protein per 30 gram scoop 110 calories. I looked at some that were 20 grams protein per 45.5 gram serving at 160 calories. It pays to read labels.

What brand?
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    I get mine at Costco.
    ON vanilla, ~$50 for 93 servings
    I also like MusclePharm Combat.
    $38 for 65.
    I brought 12 pounds with me to China fir a 58 trip. :D
    And 5 pounds of coffee.
    Protein powder in China is $50 per pound or more.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    The best protein powder is the one you enjoy eating, fits your calorie budget, and fits your monetary budget.

You may find plain, unflavored protein powders to be cheapest, if it’s available where you live. Some grocery stores sell these in bulk. You may also be able to buy single serving packets or individual prepackaged shakes in a few brands so you can taste test without committing to a big tub of protein powder.

You also don’t have to eat any protein powder at all. The only reasons to eat it are if you enjoy it and you like meeting your protein goal that way. Protein powder is not required for weight loss.
  • SARRY562
    SARRY562 Posts: 123 Member
    WHY ARE YOU YELLING!?!

i don't know why i have all caps that was from 2012 you would of had to ask me then.
  • strongwouldbenice
    strongwouldbenice Posts: 153 Member
    FL_Hiker wrote: »
    My protein, order it online it was something like $15 for 33 servings and I got free shipping over the holiday. My brother is a personal trainer and recommended it to me as the cheapest and best tasting. I think it’s alright, mixes pretty good with yogurt and tastes like chocolate pudding.

This is what I use, it really does taste like chocolate custard!