50+ aged ladies getting back into shape

Options
Hi All - I’m early 50’s with around 17 pounds to loose to get to my goal. I’m just about to start the C25 (couch to to 5km) jogging plan to get a bit more active. Love to connect with other middle aged girls out there to share tips and suggestion and to motivate and support each other on the journey.

Replies

• balance_happy_mum
    balance_happy_mum Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I’m back again, I have just turned 50 and injury has kept me from exercising in my favourite form for 12 months, running.
    I have gained around 7kg.... and my clothes don’t fit.
  • csekiguchi
    csekiguchi Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I’m in the exact same boat!!! Having a hard time transitioning to swimming. (I cannot bike or do elliptical either.) :-(

Add menopause, arthritis, family commitments to the mix and getting motivated and staying positive is harder than ever.

Happy to connect with you all here!
    Hi there, I’m back again, I have just turned 50 and injury has kept me from exercising in my favourite form for 12 months, running.
    I have gained around 7kg.... and my clothes don’t fit.

• Frogfisg
    Frogfisg Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Same. 52, chronic pain and having a tough time staying as active as I’d like. I’m always moderating my activity based on how I feel. I don’t have much to lose - just a few pounds - I’ve learned I can’t munch out when I’m not as active. Open diary.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,408 Member
    Options
    For anyone who could use targeted guidance ....

Go to the "Getting Started" board. The very first pinned thread is "Adopt a Noob" (entry to paired threads for linking potential mentors and mentees.) Read the opening post on how to contact a potential mentor, then take a look at the mentor profiles . When you find a good match of description of what one is offering / what you are willing / able to do, follow the guidelines to make contact.

(BTW, I am NOT in the Mentor program, so don't look for me ... but I have made it a bit of a mission to point people who are just starting towards this thread)
  • curlster
    curlster Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wish you all the best hun 50 is the new 30 go and get what you want x
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I'd like to invite you to the monthly running challenge thread. A lot of us there are around 50 and the challenge is very welcoming and active. New runners welcome!
  • mel7632018
    mel7632018 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 51 and as someone who has avoided sport and fitness my whole life I am now discovering a love of fitness.
    It'll be good to learn what people find helpful.