Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Looking for friends?! c25k?

Hi just joined yesterday, looking for friends who are wanting to lose weight the right way! tried a few times to lose weight and this seems the most sensible and realistic! i'm aiming for 1lb a week sticking to 1550cals and 3 lots of exercise, started c25k 2 weeks ago.

Replies

• caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    sure add me, I had joined the site a while and it really didn't help me much until I started adding friends, they really motivate and inspire me! Welcome!
  • You can add me... I'm just finishing week 3 of C25K... Love it!
  • nickyskins
    nickyskins Posts: 100 Member
    Iam down 9 lbs in 1 week!
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Feel free to add me. I've lost 74 lbs since January with MFP coupled with the C25K. I worked the running at my own pace since I was 234 lbs and had never ran. I use the "minutes over miles" philosophy and just hit 44 solid minutes of running this week. My daughter told me that running was a Mind over Matter game and it is. Once you hit 10 minutes you will have the confidence to push to 20. Once you hit 20 you will have the confidence to hit 30. Once you hit 30 you suddenly "believe" that you are a runner. Good luck with the running and the nutritional changes. You've come to the right place.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Welcome!! I am on Week 3 of C25K.
  • Cccaroline
    Cccaroline Posts: 196 Member
    Hi
    I've just finished week 7 of c25k. It's a brilliant programme. I'd not done any regular exercise before this, but I'm starting to feel like a runner! This is a great site, and having friends is a great motivation. If you want to give and receive support, have a look at my profile, and add me if you like.
    Good luck with your journey.
  • JenDOhio
    JenDOhio Posts: 32
    Welcome. I've lost almost 60 lbs since March. I do the 5K101 from running mate which I think is basically the same as C25K. I'm on week 7 and I love it. Feel free to add me. Best of luck with your weight loss journey.
  • crummywatertowr
    crummywatertowr Posts: 45 Member
    Good luck! My wife and I are on week 5 and we love doing it. Feel free to add me and her (olpbabe).