Create a recipe

cnjg6677
cnjg6677 Posts: 177 Member
I just can’t figure it out thanks in advance for helping me out have a blessed day

Replies

• BABBALOOOSKYY
    BABBALOOOSKYY Posts: 4 Member
    i'm on the same page. i cannot seem to figure out how to add a recipe or a meal.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    What are you using, the website or an app? If an app, is it for iOS or Android?
  • MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    cnjg6677 wrote: »
    I just can’t figure it out thanks in advance for helping me out have a blessed day

Can you tell us where you get stuck? Have you reached the "Create a Recipe" page? Are you trying to "Add from Web" (it doesn't work so well for me) or "Enter ingredients manually", basically where do you get stuck? Also are you on a PC or phone?

I have always used the app on Android to enter recipes so that's all I can help you with. Recipes from web usually have a lot of bla-bla before the actual recipe so MFP finds it hard to recognize ingredients. I usually copy the whole list of ingredients, I toggle the "bulk import ingredients" and paste the whole list. Of if it's my own recipe I toggle bulk import and then I type in the ingredients, one per line.
  • cnjg6677
    cnjg6677 Posts: 177 Member
    MsBaz2018 wrote: »
    cnjg6677 wrote: »

Can you tell us where you get stuck? Have you reached the "Create a Recipe" page? Are you trying to "Add from Web" (it doesn't work so well for me) or "Enter ingredients manually", basically where do you get stuck? Also are you on a PC or phone?

I have always used the app on Android to enter recipes so that's all I can help you with. Recipes from web usually have a lot of bla-bla before the actual recipe so MFP finds it hard to recognize ingredients. I usually copy the whole list of ingredients, I toggle the "bulk import ingredients" and paste the whole list. Of if it's my own recipe I toggle bulk import and then I type in the ingredients, one per line.

I’m trying to add recipes from food network on a iPhone it imports but I’m not sure if I should trust the calorie count it gives me
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    On the "Recipe" page there is a button for "Use Old Recipe Tool". Push that button. Be happy.

By the way, the Basic Report: line from the USDA food database, such as "23610, Beef, top sirloin, steak, separable lean only, trimmed to 1/8" fat, all grades, cooked, broiled" is recognized in the mfp database accurately.
  • HokieBrad
    HokieBrad Posts: 1,670 Member
    I find it works best if you enter manually line by line. I’ve theories the import before and it never works. This is all on an iphone