Carbs for Keto?

Options
As a 5’5” female, how many grams of carbohydrates should I consume per day to stick to a strict Ketogenic diet for weight loss? I’m consuming around 1,200 calories a day. Thanks in advance! 😊

Replies

• susan23629
    susan23629 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Its more of a range.. between 20-50g works for most. Some of it depends on the individual and how active they are. The more active, the higher the number of carbs you can comsume.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    You will likely be in ketosis under 50 g, probably even higher if you are active. I did a bunch of research when I did a keto experiment and thought that under 50 net was probably safe (in that I am active), although I aimed for around 35 net (60-65 total) to have a cushion.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    As already stated, most ketoers stick to under 20-50g of carbs a day. If you time carbs around exercise, you may be able to consume more. If you have metabolic disease, you may need to go closer to the low end of that.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    At 5’5”, you might want to be eating more than 1200 calories:

https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/1200-calorie-diet/
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    You will likely be in ketosis under 50 g, probably even higher if you are active. I did a bunch of research when I did a keto experiment and thought that under 50 net was probably safe (in that I am active), although I aimed for around 35 net (60-65 total) to have a cushion.

^This. Also please note the distinction here of NET carbs. Make sure you're subtracting fiber. Get in those green leafies!
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    At 5’5”, you might want to be eating more than 1200 calories:

https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/1200-calorie-diet/

And ^this.