Getting abs/already thin

Hi this is my first time posting here. I’m not trying to make something simple when I know body changes require a lot of work. But what I want is nothing extreme.

So I have lost weight and I am at 118 at 5 foot 6 so I don’t have any fat blocking me from abs. I don’t want some crazy hardcore six pack, I just am looking for as much definition as I can for my upcoming vacation.

I eat a protein shake everyday now and otherwise eat fairly healthy meals. With this diet and doing some ab exercises every day does anyone think I can see some changes in a month? Any suggestions? Tips?

Replies

• kaseaman3916
    kaseaman3916 Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you my friend 😁 that’s all I was wondering
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    I think you could probably see some improvement in a month. My favorite targeted core exercise is abs rollouts, they don't stress your spine like crunches, and provide the benefits of a plank, plus being dynamic. If you go diagonally as well as straight out, it works more muscles. If your gym doesn't have an abs roller, they are cheap or you can use a dumbbell or barbell as an abs roller.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    For a female, dieting down to 12% without knowing what you're doing is not good advice. A month really isn't a lot of time. If you had adequate muscle underneath a little bit of "fluff," that is one thing, but, as someone else pointed out, it doesn't sound like you've established much to work from at this point. You can probably get a little bit better definition - abs 3x per week should help. Good luck!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Sounds like you are lacking the muscle base for abs with your current stats. My recommendation would be to run a bulk cycle, keeping a smaller surplus, adequate protein and a progressive lifting program. However, you won't see much progress in a month, especially since you will be gaining.

Alternatively you can recomp and maintain your weight until after your vacation but you likely won't make too much progress there either since recomp is very slow. I'm not sure if you are male or female but buying a nice swimsuit, outfits, pampering yourself before your vacation can go a long way.

I agree on a good bulk cycle. I don't so much agree with the recomp. In my experience, i havent seen someone at the body of a healthy weight be able to pull it off. Now the OP could gain about 10 lbs and then recomp but that would depend on personal goals.