A picture that made me cry

Options
From the age of ten I have hated my body. I have always been the fat friend around all my lovely tall and stylish friends. I have been obsessed with wearing platform shoes to make myself taller (I'm 5ft 2) and have had every hair colour under the sun and mohawks that stood 10" high but I never liked myself in pictures. Here's one of me at my biggest (around 152lbs) I am not happy to be having my picture taken!

n574551239_1656061_7550.jpg

I joined a gym nearly two years ago, took up kickboxing and 8 months ago started having sessions with my beautiful and brilliant personal trainer Sian, who showed me I can do everything I once thought impossible. And with a little help from MFP (of course!) for the first time today I saw a picture of myself I liked. And I cried my eyes out. This is me at 129lbs

skinny.png

This makes all the frustration and the guilt, the sweat and the hardwork worth it

Replies

• fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah, badass! Lookin pretty killer!
  • mimaduck83
    mimaduck83 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    HOT! Amazing work!!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    amazing :)
  • Bigmomma0u812
    Options
    You deserve to feel good and like what you see when you look at yourself because you look fantastic!
  • Linsey1973
    Linsey1973 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Well done. An inspiration xxx
  • metallicalover777
    metallicalover777 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    rocking......................
  • ceschwartz
    ceschwartz Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    You looks so edgy and cute! What's better than that is I bet you are both mentally and physical stronger now too. Way to rock!!!
  • ChristalJo
    Options
    Very well done!!
  • cfremon
    cfremon Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Holy ****, you look amazing.
  • ncgingerich
    ncgingerich Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You deserve to feel good and like what you see when you look at yourself because you look fantastic!

My thoughts exactly! Congratulations on all your hard work!
  • Ashonym
    Ashonym Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You definitely kicked some serious *kitten*! You look KILLER. Absolutely astounding, I say! Haha VERY awesome work. You totally deserved those tears of joy. :D
  • NeverStopRunning
    Options
    You are beautiful! Great work and yay you for being happy with yourself!
  • poledancing_ninja
    Options
    Thank you so much all of you! It feels so good to have this supporting community behind me, especially as my RL friends get so sick of hearing me blabber on about exercise and calories and NSV. I am definitely stronger in body and mind from this journey:)
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Just wow!!! You have done great work! I'm happy for you.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! You should be so proud!!
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Congrats!!
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great!

Good job!
  • SadieLuvzWolvez
    Options
    wow u look amazing!! true inspiration that larger peepz can get down to smaller sizes and look amazing! love the hair too!! :3:flowerforyou: :ohwell: :happy:
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    well done, you've done a great job! looking fantastic!

it's worth all the hard work isn't it?
  • Nicolasina
    Options
    Congrats! You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!