Looking for a meal replacement keto milkshake

Hi seeking help. Some days at work I don’t get time for lunch. I seem to be doing quite well on filling my diet with veggies proteins (a few whole grains but as I overeat these I limit them).

I love milkshakes and especially the thick frothy kind. I recently tried a friend’s “diet milk shake “ it was way too sweet for me but thought it would be a great way of having a calorie carb controlled lunch to keep energy up and appetite at bay whilst at work.

Are there any recommendations?

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Protein powder, cream, and water or nut milk. You could add any other extras or flavorings to that base, like PB2, coffee, artificial flavorings...etc. Cow milk has too many carbs if you're doing keto so it wouldn't work, best stick with nut milks. Tweak the cream to water/milk ratio to achieve your desired calories.
  • Ooo great reply thank you! Any recs on protein powders? I like a slightly sweet taste/ideally coffee. I would I really keep it keto as curbs my appetite.
  • Just looked up pb2 sounds tasty love peanut butter!! Wondering if would work with coffee!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    For protein powder, I would go with vanilla. It's easier to flavor than other flavors and you can turn it into anything you want. Want chocolate? Add cocoa powder. Want coffee? Add some strong brewed coffee. If you buy anything other than vanilla, you're stuck with that flavor every day. Most vanilla flavored powders have sweeteners, and you can tweak the sweetness to your liking by adding more/less water to your shake.

PB2 doesn't work with coffee, as in plain coffee, because it doesn't dissolve in water. It's mostly used in shakes to thicken and flavor, and I also use it in oatmeal (I don't do keto). You could make a coffee and peanut butter protein shake using PB2.