Workout Videos-Need suggestions please!

Options
My videos are due back at the library. I can keep them for up to 6 weeks and I figured that was a great amount of time to really master a video but not to get too bored and then I would switch it up right around the time my body gets too used to it. So I am compiling a list and would love your suggestions. FYI, I am just starting out and a total wuss. Not sure if that makes any difference but I have about 180 left to lose, so I am in awful shape and there are some things that are just WAY above what I am capable of at this point. I don't want eay and I am definitely wanting to challenge myself, but I also don't want to set unrealistic expectations. I love dance/aerobics/yoga/pilates/tai chi type of stuff. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I've always liked the Biggest Loser videos. I also have done the Firm videos and Jillian Michaels stuff. Jillian's stuff was sometimes a bit too high impact when I was heavier, but there is always modifications:) She also has a yoga video. If I think of any more, I'll let ya know!
  • TishaDawnMc
    Options
    I really like the Beach Body series called Slim in 6. Its a progressive series that starts off slow and increases difficulty as you go. Its a tiny bit corny and not flashy and cool like newer series, but its simple, and effective
  • Dolphingirlie81
    Options
    The biggest loser workouts. I just tried The biggest loser Last chance workout and Jillian will have you do cardio and strength training at the same video.
  • AEcklar813
    AEcklar813 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I agree about jillian michaels. I have the 30 day shred by her. It's tough but boy does it work. I stopped doing it gor a month and put it in today and it didn't seem to be as hard as I remember so maybe losing some weight helped me with my endurance. I would see if they have any zumba dvds because I think zumba is amazing. It is a fun workout and really burns those calories. Other than that the only workout dvd I have is a 10 minute pilates one but I find that one hard. I can hardly get through 10 mins. Good luck finding some you like! I may go get some from my library as well since i'm due for a change. Thanks for the idea!
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Jillians 30 day Shred!!! Lost 3 lbs already and I am only on day 10
  • LindsayHein
    LindsayHein Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jillian Michael's stuff. She is great at combining cardio, core and strength training. She also seems to say just the right thing, at the right time. :)
  • Kylemegb
    Options
    Anything Jillian Michaels! She's amazing!!!
  • 2pinks1blue
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels as well, especially the 30DS, and the dancing with the stars videos are good too!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Great post idea.... I've done P90X which I would NOT recommend if you are just starting out. It's tough......I like kick-boxing workouts b/c they give me a feeling of toughness and empowerment. :bigsmile:
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    here's a 10 min kickboxing routine on youtube, i don't know if this is to your liking or not....but it really had me sweating hard after

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abEiSzTKqAQ&list=FLIL0M87niOO-OlUFePvNBvg&index=52