Running

Options
Hi everyone! I’m posting to see if there is anyone in the Stockbridge Georgia area that is looking for a running partner? I’m currently running alone 3 days a week between 3-5 miles, I mostly do 4-5 miles over the weekends. I tried out a running group in my area but they mostly walk the route instead of jogging.
Look forward to hearing from you!
Thx!

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Do you have a local 'yardsale' site somewhere? There are several on facebook where I live, and I've seen people post there when they're looking for a group of some sort. If you can find a local advertising page or site, you're more likely to be able to connect with people who live in your community and maybe find a local running partner? OR if you want to connect with a bunch of runners from different locations, there is a running challenge here on MFP each month: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10709529/december-2018-monthly-running-challenge#latest
  • FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Also you can look for a running store near you. I know that the ones that I have near me all host running groups, ones that any one of any pace can join as there are generally pacers of different speeds.
  • teresajellis2018
    Options
    Awesome! Thx so much to both of you for the tips! I do have a running store south of me so I’ll check with them. Happy holidays to you!!