work overload and stressed

Options
I am running a mile a minute with work at the moment and finding it difficult to go to the gym. Also, the stress of my work has taken a toll on my healthy eating habits. I'm trying to take a Special K protein shake to supplement one meal, but I am ravenous throughout the day.

HELP!! what are your tricks to staying focused and determined?

Replies

• KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    (Bump) Life has just got hectic with work and after school activities. So hard to plan meals. I been trying to go to bed early and wake up early to exercise. Its the only "me" time these days.
  • IggyL
    IggyL Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Sometimes life just gets in the way. When this happens I try to find 10 minutes to just do something for exercise, a short walk or 10 mins on the bike. Bring healthy snacks with you to work something you can grab to satisfy your hunger, a granola bar, apple, baby carrots, etc.

Good luck, I was having this trouble 2 weeks ago.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Part of being successful in this journey is learning to adapt this new lifestyle change to our real lives. Sometimes real life prevents us from doing things exactly as we'd like to do it.

If you know you're going to be busy at work, pack healthy snacks and filling meals. I know that when I work 2-11, I'm going to be VERY hungry and I need to make sure I have access to enough food to get me through the long day. Don't throw away all your hard work because life is busy. Plan ahead. :)
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I know this isnt an option for everyone, but on a sunday, I make a big batch of veg with a small amount of carbs & portion it up to eat as my lunch each day. For example, I might make pasta, with a tomato based sauce & loads of veg, or a version of risotto, with plain rice, veg, and some seasoning to liven it up a bit, or a veg soup with some potatoes in. I have a microwave at work to heat it up, and it means that I dont have to worry about lunches at all. I also keep a supply of fruit & yoghurts at work, that I have for breakfast & snacks. I just find that organising myself for the week in advance helps me to stay on track, but I do appreciate that it's not as simple for everyone as it is for me.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I think the solution is to fix the root problem. ^.^ If you are commonly feeling overwhelmed/worked and stressed, maybe find out WHY you are working so much and are so stressed and try and find ways to fix it.

Hope this helps!!!
  • SheWei
    SheWei Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all of your ideas and input. I plan on making some "snack" bags with almonds, carrots, misc healthy foods keep me focused and on track. I plan on working out soon and my stressful busy season will almost be over with and I'll be back to normal. I am determined to keep going after losing 17 pounds in almost 3 months.