Lost 5 pounds this week

Options
Hey all,

I have lost 5 pounds this week. Usually I only lose 2 pounds a week. I eat 1480 calories a day without exercise, and no more than 1700 with exercise. My mom told me I was losing too fast. But I haven't changed anything. What do you all think?

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Meh. I think it's fine. If you lost five pounds a week for weeks on end, she might have a point. I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    It happens. Just roll with it and enjoy the loss.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    i lost 5 pounds my first week, and I was not even close to being overweight. It's just your body adapting. It's fine. You're fine! Maybe eat a little more if you are concerned!
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    Last week I lost 5 and now I'm stuck so I think it all evens out.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Chalk it up to an extra fabulous poop :bigsmile: congrats!
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    it's just one of those things where your body decided to shed some extra pounds!!! Now if you were doing that every week, then I'd worry, but not if it's just this once or in the beginning of your dieting.
    And losing 2lbs a week is good...a person should not lose more than that regularly.....

Keep up the good work!!!
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    you're good. I lost 4.4 this week, maybe it's something in the air!
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't be worried about losing 5lbs in a week...i would worry more if i gained 5 lbs in a week. LOL... your fine.
  • sistertransister
    sistertransister Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i have done that as well...twice! :) i agree with the other posts...if you were doing it consistantly that would be different!! ENJOY IT!!!
  • 2pinks1blue
    Options
    It happens, enjoy it! :)
  • Sara7Taylor
    Sara7Taylor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I was more curious than concerned. I am so enjoying the extra loss. :smile:
  • MrsSmith1112
    MrsSmith1112 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hey...roll with it sister...as long as it's not happening like that consistantly! And don't fret....I'm pretty sure I found the 5 you lost! *stupid TOM*!
  • kellykat2
    kellykat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it, I would be HAPPY! You eat 1400 calories a day and no exercise so that is great! If I ate 1400 cals a day and didn't exercise I'd gain 5lbs.

I wish I could lose 5 lbs in a week, I am stuck at 1lb a week.

Congratulations, enjoy it!