Gained 2 lbs. Super disappointed.

Options
Hello everyone,
I started 10 days ago. I do 60 mins HIIT workout 5 days a week. I try my best to stay calorie deficit and maintain MFP diary. I have 2 lbs and it is killing me. I come in obese category, so i thought i will lose water weight pretty quickly. I am not sure what is going wrong. Is this normal? Do i need to change anything?

Replies

• aortegasep
    aortegasep Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    HIIT sesions of 60 min x5/week seems a bit hard. Usually HIIT sesions goes around 20 min becasuse of HI= High Intensity.
    60 min sesions falls normally into LISS.
    Maybe a combination of those 5 times/week between HIIT and LISS will be better.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    First off, its only 10 days - it takes a lot longer to see progress, so give it at least 4 weeks to see some weight lost. last.
    Losing weight is all about Calories in/calories out - how are you measuring your calories in?? are you using a food scale?
    If you've started a new exercise regime that could well be masking any fat loss as your body holds on to water for repairing the muscles.
  • Prady2012
    Prady2012 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    New exercise, different bowel patterns, increased fiber, TOM...

The reasons for a small weight gain are endless. I never get that initial weight loss, but I do get whooshes later on when my menstrual cycle and other factors align just right.

If you gain again next week, you need to make sure you are logging your foods properly.

Yes my menstrual cycle is on. Probably thats the reason. Thanks for insights.
  • Prady2012
    Options
    aortegasep wrote: »
    HIIT sesions of 60 min x5/week seems a bit hard. Usually HIIT sesions goes around 20 min becasuse of HI= High Intensity.
    60 min sesions falls normally into LISS.
    Maybe a combination of those 5 times/week between HIIT and LISS will be better.

I actually do orange theory, it is combination of both. I should have mentioned it. Thanks for info :)
  • Prady2012
    Options
    First off, its only 10 days - it takes a lot longer to see progress, so give it at least 4 weeks to see some weight lost. last.
    Losing weight is all about Calories in/calories out - how are you measuring your calories in?? are you using a food scale?
    If you've started a new exercise regime that could well be masking any fat loss as your body holds on to water for repairing the muscles.

Hi, until today i wasn't using food scale. I used measuring cup instead. Yes i will till 4 weeks. Hopefully i will lose some pounds atleast.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    If you don't have one get a food scale and make sure you weigh all of your solid foods and make every effort to log your calories accurately. If you maintain a calorie deficit you will lose fat weight even when your bathroom scale is showing a gain or no loss for stretches of time.
  • ShayCarver89
    ShayCarver89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Honey it is only 2 pounds, that's nothing! Definitely not something you should beat yourself up over. And it is definitely water weight. If I go out on a Saturday night and drink beer and eat pizza I'll wake up 2 pounds heavier the next day, buts not actual FAT. Its water weight. You have to sit back and think 'did I actually eat like 7000 calories to gain this weight?' - NO! I doubt it. Its next to impossible. Just don't let it get to you so much so that you give up. It'll be ok! Good days and bad days happen and that scale will fluctuate like nobody's business. Its ok. Its normal. It happens!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i change 2-3lbs a day.
    it's normal. don't freak out. look for trends, not individual data points
  • Prady2012
    Options
    stevee303 wrote: »
    I now weigh myself every day. Last time I tried this it was weekly and I found it very disheartening when my weight didn't move much. Following advice on here I record my daily weight into a free app Calibra for Android (there's also one for iOS).

Have a look at this pic and see how my weight moves up and down regularly. I know if I keep below the line I will lose weight and after only a few weeks recording I can honestly say I have stopped fretting over the rises! I'm a man so add to that the complexity of your biology and you really should not worry!

Keep going 😀

ab4pfwl50nnp.jpg

That is a good progress. Keep going. I have stopped thinking about 2 lbs gain now.