Favourite Cookbook

Options
2»

Replies

• nicholem8710
    nicholem8710 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’ve never been one for cookbooks, but then my girlfriend introduced me to the Thug Kitchen cookbooks and I’m hooked. It’s all vegan so they tend to be really low cal compared to the same recipes including meat and I feel a lot healthier eating a vegan diet 2 to 3 times a week because I’m finally starting to have a wider variety of veggies in my diet!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    What’s your favourite cookbook?
    Latest cookbook you just bought?
    Favourite chef?

Betty Crocker cookbook - old tried but true.

Jamie Cooks Italy - excited to try out his Italian recipes!

Jamie Oliver - He’s fun to watch and love his rustic way of cooking.

Favorite- American Cake: From Colonial Gingerbread to Classic Layer, the Stories and Recipes Behind More Than 125 of Our Best-Loved Cakes by Anne Byrn
    I liked learning the history behind various cakes. This is not the book/recipe source I use the most just a favorite to look at. I use recipes from the internet more than cookbooks.

Latest cookbook that I bought- The last one I bought for myself was probably The Bob's Burgers Cookbook. It was fun for my family to try some of the burgers from the show. I have been gifted some American Heart Association cookbooks and another cake cookbook after that but I haven't bought any recently.

Favorite Chef- I don't know. I don't watch tv or go to fancy restaurants. I suppose when I was a kid I watched Julia Child and the Yan Can Cook show and they made food and cooking fun to me.