OATMEAL LOVERS!!

Options
I never used to like oatmeal.. Until today. Seriously this was the best lunch!! I know, lunch.. But wanted to give it a try.

- 1 packet of Quaker Instant Oatmeal "Weight Control" Maple & Brown Sugar (only 1g of sugar, 6g fiber & 7g protein!!)
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of raw almond butter

DELICIOUS. and quite healthy & super filling!!!

Replies

• mhig011975
    mhig011975 Posts: 181
    Options
    love oatmeal, put some brown sugar on it and it's delicious
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    *LIKE* I have oatmeal as a post workout meal EVERYday! Its delicious with a handful a fresh blueberries with the almond butter!!
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I love the low fat maple and brown sugar. I have been lagging ove the past week so thanks for this topic!!
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I love that oatmeal, will try it with your additions. THANKS!

:smile:
  • TexasSunny
    TexasSunny Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal for breakfast often.... just sweet n low and some cinnamon! Fast, ez, and filling!
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    LOVE it! I use steel cut oats and mix it with cottage cheese, fresh fruit and flax seed meal. YUM!
  • Midori_i
    Midori_i Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, my favorite... I usually mix ground almonds with the oats and eat it with milk and honey and some vanilla flavoring. Or honey and cinnamon and apple slices instead. Mmmmh :D
  • Brandellina
    Brandellina Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is so good!!! There's other flavors too that are delicious, I love the oatmeal with strawberry chunks in it, and I always toss in a banana, yummm!!!
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Yum...I'll be trying that REAL soon! Thanks
  • chynafox
    chynafox Posts: 30
    Options
    Wow, cottage cheese?? Almond butter?? I never even thought to add any of that! I eat my oatmeal plain, No sugar, nothing. Sometimes, I may add some fruit, but usually, just me n my oats. yumz.
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I never used to like oatmeal.. Until today. Seriously this was the best lunch!! I know, lunch.. But wanted to give it a try.

- 1 packet of Quaker Instant Oatmeal "Weight Control" Maple & Brown Sugar (only 1g of sugar, 6g fiber & 7g protein!!)
    - 3/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
    - 1 tablespoon of raw almond butter

DELICIOUS. and quite healthy & super filling!!!

Almond milk sounds good, I've never tried that before
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, raisins, and flax seed meal.

Always an appropriate meal/snack!
  • thebunnies
    thebunnies Posts: 168
    Options
    lately, i've been adding 1/4cup canned organic pumpkin, 1tsp splenda brown sugar, a little vanilla extract and pumpkin spice/cinnamon/ground cloves (to taste). i top it with either craisins or sliced almonds. AMAZING!
  • apsmith51
    apsmith51 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats with a few walnuts, craisins, a teaspoon of butter and some salt. The best :)
  • squishysangel
    squishysangel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    wow loads of great ideas here. never had almond butter need to look for it when I get groceries.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Got another one from SELF magazine.
    1/2 cup rolled oats, 2 tbs raisins, 1 tbsp dried sweetened coconut, 1 tbsp chopped cashews, and 1/2 cup 1 percent milk.
    Directions say to nuke for 1min 45sec. and stir in 1 tsp brown sugar.

I used old fashioned oats that take longer to cook so I cooked the oats then added the other stuff.
  • nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal for breakfast pretty much every morning.

I use 60g of plain oats, add 120ml of water. Microwave for 30s to 1min. In the meantime I mash a banana (or half a banana) with a fork, then add that to the oatmeal, along with 10-15g of peanut butter and finally sprinkle some cinnamon on top. Mix well. Enjoy.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal, especially the steel cut oats. They are very tasty but they do take about 20 minutes to cook so its not a quick breakfast.
  • gritgirl
    gritgirl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal with cinnamon, a little bit of vanilla extract and raisins every morning. but now that i've heard the idea of mixing almond butter in it, i immediately jumped to the idea of putting nutella in it. oy. this could be my undoing. i LOVE nutella.
  • Katie1015
    Options
    I am like many of you, oatmeal post-workout. I mix it with peanut butter - it's a great start to my day! I do old-fashioned oats (1/2 C) with 2 TBSP of Jif Creamy peanut butter. Fills me up to get me through the mornings, good source of protein!