Competitive with spouse?

Options
2»

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    my fiance could afford to GAIN a few pounds.

no, it doesnt make me jealous or feel resentment. guys naturally burn more calories (in general), and he works hard. and he doesnt (usually) eat much to begin with. I can EASILY out eat him if I chose to LOL

it is what it is. as long as he doesnt tell me how to look, i wont tell him how to look ;)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    My husband is able to achieve a lean look with a bit of exercise and some minimal diet planning.

I've never been jealous of him, I'm happy for him. How would my life be better if maintaining a healthy weight was harder for him? It wouldn't be -- it would just be harder for him and that doesn't sound great. Life can be hard enough. Whenever anyone I love has an easier time with something, I think it's a good thing.

I want to hug you for posting this, but insightfulled it instead. What a beautiful perspective :smile:
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    We both have been trying to lose weight for years. I did a lot of yoyo attempts at it and my wife was always going with specific diets that pushed different things to be healthy, like whole 30 (one example). She always rolled her eyes at what I was doing and was pretty preachy about how the way she was going about it was better. Only while I would yoyo, she would stall before losing much at all. Then I lost the weight the mfp way and I have kept it off 9 months. She doesn't want to discuss diets with me or with others in my presence at all anymore.
  • Sambo_fitness
    Sambo_fitness Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I helped my husband lose weight and gain muscle!
    Not jealous of his progress, but proud of him. Totally jealous he can eat whatever he wants and not gain any weight, but very proud of him. I'm not perfect, but seeing him accomplish his goals helps motivate me to accomplish mine.