concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Any gym equipment except the treadmill.

Pool.

Yoga.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Everything that doesn't require running or jumping would be considered low impact wouldn't it? Pretty much only rules out running on a treadmill.

I guess there might be some classes that incorporate jumping but you could always just attend and do a modified low impact alternative movement.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    I have to avoid impact (and torque on the knee) because of a torn meniscus (deferring surgery) and some OA.

What's worked well for me is rowing (on water when I can, but that's obviously not in a gym; machine when I must) and spin classes. So does outdoor cycling, weight training, and yoga. Some martial arts have minimal impact, but the ones I was doing involved torque, so they're not in my routine anymore. Swimming is no impact, but I don't like being in water.

Some of those things might work for you, even the ones I don't do because of torque or distaste. ;)
  • moria
    moria Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can do any leg weights or stairs tre and upper weights only
  • Sambo_fitness
    Sambo_fitness Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you want in a low impact workout. Check out PiYo. Low impact and fun!
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    I'm having a double knee replacement January 9th...... I go to a cross fit gym 4-5 times a week. Owner has modified some of the exercises for me .....
    No I can not squat jump onto a box!!
    lol...... but everything else is a go.
    It's a *kitten* some days but I love it AND I'm getting my muscles as ready as I can for surgery.
  • M0n1KCR
    M0n1KCR Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Swimming?
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Rowing machine ... great low-impact, full-body aerobic workout. Plus pretty much any of the machines, depending on the issues you are trying to work around.