New Here, ready to do this for real this time:)

Options
Hi! I'm Brigetta, 37 year old mother to 2 teenagers and a 1 yr old. Yes, I started over, lol. I am considered obese by all means and want to lose a substantial amount of weight. I just got back from a week long vacation and well, to be honest ate way too much, ugh! I would love to meet new friends and begin this new chapter in my life with GREAT, POSITIVE VIBES....

Replies

• kristarablue
    Options
    Congrats on the new chapter....girl you totally got this...YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • SailingMike
    SailingMike Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    BEST wishes to you. There are some amazing success stories on here from people who started out just like you. Here are some things I have learned:

1. In the first weeks of starting exercise program most folks gain weight because muscle weighs more than fat.
    2. NEVER eat less than about 125O calories... OR try to loose too much too fast. Your body goes into starvation mode and retains fat.
    3. It took YEARS to put on the weight... eat HEALTHY (food pyramid) exercise regularly... and slowly it will come off.
    4. SLOW weight loss is most likely to stay off long term.
    5. DON"T "diet"... just learn to eat properly and exercise regularly.

Fill out your profile, particpate on these boards, add some friends who encourage you .... and HAVE FUN with it!!

"It matters not if we try and fail, and try and fail again. But it matters much if we try and fail and fail to try again."
  • lindasain
    lindasain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    good for you. Linda:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • pudd1e
    pudd1e Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've also tried this before and failed, but I'm doing much better this time around (my 3rd time) - and I'm having fun doing it! Keep with it! We're all here to encourage you!
  • xoArielleMarieox
    Options
    Good luck & welcome back! Today was my first day back as well. I was doing going great for a few months, but with getting a new job and a lot of things going off I slowly stopped with MFP, and slowly started with the pounds.
    Add me if youd like.
  • rwno2
    rwno2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome Brigetta, WOW 2 teenagers and a 1 year old; girl, you've got your hands full. You CAN do it! Friend me if you like, we'll do this together. Best of luck to you.
  • TiffanyA2008
    Options
    Welcome! You're going to do great things. Just believe it. :)