4 months after baby

Options
I still have a few pounds and a couples of inches to lose to get my pre-pregnancy shape back but I'm starting to feel good with my body again so I thought I'd brag about a little bit :glasses: . I hope my story can inspire/encourage/motivate other mom-to-be !

This is me in June of last year, a year after I quit smoking and decided to get fit and healthy for the first time in my life, at 35. Two months later I finally got pregnant, after trying for many years.
captur12.jpg

Me and my belly, 38 weeks pregnant, ready for my workout !
38sa10.jpg

I've put on about 35 pounds during the pregnancy (41 weeks) and delivered a tiny little 6 pounds girl. I kept exercising the whole time, jogging until almost 5 months, with at home DVD (low impact Turbo Fire, Turbo Jam and some Kettle bell workouts), mommy water aerobic and when spring came back, walking 3-5 km daily. I'm glad I did because I honestly couldn't help my sweet tooth ! I'm pretty sure I would have put on 60 pounds or so if I had stopped exercising...

And this is me yesterday, 4 months after delivery.
snapsh10.jpg

I was lucky to have an easy, uncomplicated delivery, an easy baby and lots of support when I went back home, so I felt good and ready to gently go back to working out when she was 3 weeks. I resumed my regular workout after the 6 weeks check with the doctor and from there slowly when back to high impact cardio workout and jogging. Even though me belly flattened quite rapidely, it seemed it took forever to start losing some of the 15 pounds that hung after the initial delivery weight loss, but I'm getting there, slowly but surely, losing 1.5 to 2 pounds a month.

To end with a smile, here's my lovely baby girl :heart:
dsc_0011.jpg
http://i48.servimg.com/u/f48/14/88/53/93/dsc_0011.jpg

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    She's beautiful. Congratulations and good luck.
  • Chowder_17
    Chowder_17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm just about 4mths post baby too (born 05/09). Congrats on everything! However, I couldn't see your last two pics of how you look currently and the baby.
  • dazzyd53
    dazzyd53 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    well done thats great, my baby boy is 4 months too, but ive still got a bit to go :( and a lot to go off my belly but im getting there

i cant see your pictures though??
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Which proves what I have been thinking: once you have a six-pack, it's easier to maintain it than to obtain it! Congratulations!! Your daughter is adorable and you were fortunate to be able to work out during your pregnancy!! :flowerforyou:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! I so wish I had gotten in good shape before kids. You look amazing! :) Well done.
  • lpeacock06
    lpeacock06 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Which proves what I have been thinking: once you have a six-pack, it's easier to maintain it than to obtain it! Congratulations!! Your daughter is adorable and you were fortunate to be able to work out during your pregnancy!! :flowerforyou:

This is so true!! My husband wants more kids & I'm not sure I do but I wanted to get into better shape before I had more so I could more easily obtain my goal....
    You look fab OP keep up the awesome work!
  • mustanggirl_2011
    mustanggirl_2011 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    That's great! and the baby is so darn cute!
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Congrads!! I lost my baby weight in about 5 months! It helps that I never had time to eat haha but that attributed to my weightloss along with exercising.
  • aggiecs
    aggiecs Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This post is wonderful! Congrats on the beautiful baby and getting back into shape - that's amazing in only 4 months!
  • xjlishey1
    xjlishey1 Posts: 286
    Options
    cute baby and you bounced back very well..congratulations to you both...:smile:
  • 86rollyb
    86rollyb Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You look stunning! I want abs like that!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    way to go!
  • geicko
    geicko Posts: 151
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words ladies !

About the abs, I have to say that being pear shaped I don't have a lot of fat on my mid section so abs pop out quite easily. I'd rather have nice boobs and an hourglass shape if you ask ;)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Nice job! And good for you for working out while pregnant! I never had the energy or the time.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Nice job! And good for you for working out while pregnant! I never had the energy or the time.
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    awesome job!
    I tried working out while pregnant but was always just too tired. I think it helps if it is a part of your life beforehand.

Your daughter is beautiful, as are you!

And to think I was proud of my tummy(THREE years later) it STILL doesn't look as good as yours.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's amazing work! She's beautiful!
  • lemanda
    lemanda Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look fabulous and I can't believe you're 35!!
  • M77308
    M77308 Posts: 183
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! And what a beautiful baby!! Congrats! All your hard work has definitely paid off!!
  • MamaMizzle
    MamaMizzle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm so jealous! My baby is 8 months old and I gained 50 pounds during my pregnancy (yikes). I've lost it, but still have 30 I was holding onto from my two previous pregnancies (double yikes). Your pictures got me thinking that maybe it is possible for me to be in rockin' shape! Thanks for the inspiration!

Now, here's my question, what exactly did you do to get those abs? Did you workout for an hour everyday? Did you run miles most days of the week? Did you follow a strict diet plan?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!