Anyone doing Keto

Options
To anyone that has been doing Keto for a while.
I have been on Keto for three weeks. I was feeling great. However, I have not been getting hungry for the past 3 days. I kind of force myself to eat. I get a really good breakfast in and then I dont want anything for the rest of the day. If I dont force myself to eat something else I am really under my calories and I feel a little weak.
Has anyone gone through this? If so, how did you get over it?
I am also going through some.crazy stressful crap at the moment. That might have something to do with it.

Replies

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I haven't been through that, but it seems to be pretty common for some. A lot of people do one meal a day (OMAD) and do fine eating that way. Maybe that would interest you? Or maybe it is stress causing the lack of an appetite. Just make sure to get your protein macros goal every day. If you only eat one meal, make it a good one with lots of protein.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    If you're already getting in your protein, do try fat bombs. These are yummy! I'm not keto, and make them with less butter.

http://screwedonstraight.net/keto-diet-peanut-butter-cup-fat-bombs/
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I would just follow your hunger as long as you are getting enough protein (hopefully somewhere above 70g to help prevent lean tissue loss.)

I tend to follow my hunger even while losing. Sometimes that means just one large 1000kcal meal, heavy on the meat, but on other days it could mean 3000kcal. As long as you don't stay super low calorie for too long, a few days is no big deal, IMO.
  • Heamous
    Heamous Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks all of you. I will definitely look into the fatbomb.