Baked egg avocado vs. Fried egg in avocado

Doberdawn
Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
So I found two different recipes online that sound absolutely delicious. I have avocados and eggs in the house and I'm trying to decide which one to make for breakfast. Figured I'd share and see if anyone else was up. The first one you actually put the egg into the avocado with some toppings and bake it in the oven. Supposed to make a really creamy delicious egg and avocado dish. You can either top it with goat cheese or bacon and chives lots of yummy options. The second recipe is for you to make it like eggs in a basket where you cut the avocado into slices & fry the egg in the hole where the pit used to be in the avocado in a frying pan then top it with crumbled bacon chives and cheddar. I would be using veggie shreds Dairy substitute for me. So which do you think sounds yummier? I know I'll probably end up making them both eventually. Have you ever tried these? Do you have any other good egg and avocado recipes to share?

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Baked egg in avacado is really good!
    I usually top it with hot sauce and Everything but the Bagel spice (available at Trader Joe’s or easy to make yourself)
    I’ve never tried it fried, I don’t fry food very often.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    When I could eat avacado, I liked cracking the egg on top half an avacado and baking it.
    It was delicious!

I also used to cut up avacado and wrap with bacon, then bake. That is yummy too.