Idea for a buttery recipe

Options
Hi, Folks!

Today I had some chicken, deep fried in butter. It was totally divine, and I want to take it to the next step. Do you have any suggestion of a çow-carb recipe with lots of butter in which it is actually absorbed?

I was thinking about eggplant, but it suits olive oil better. Any ideas?

Replies

• Cam_
    Cam_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should try Hollandaise sauce. It's pretty much pure butter but with egg also. If you don't have cardiac problems yet, this could do it! This is an incredibly unhealthy way to eat mind you. I am a bit puzzled why you chose a "fitness" site to search for very unhealthy recipes.
  • konr
    konr Posts: 5
    Options
    Hmm, hollandaise sauce is scaringly hard to do, but seems tasty. I found a recipe here, for those who are interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGw_gs8UaeI Thanks for the idea, but I must protest that it's not appropriate to bash low-carb dieters, specially with wishful thinking.
  • Nyodra
    Nyodra Posts: 40
    Options
    There are pre-packed up spices for hollandaise, I prefer the international brand, less lemony, unless you are into that kind of thing. That should help, but its a bit higher in carbs if you don't make it fresh. Nice recipe!

overheadcam2 - There are lots of dieters on here who have specific diets that don't follow regular "standards" of eating, but are still here to lose weight and get healthy.
  • Cam_
    Cam_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Sorry you took that as bashing. It was not meant that way. But honestly, I am totally unfamiliar with adding extra saturated fat to a diet as a healthy option. Seems like everything I read and hear says to avoid that stuff. Have a good one.