Do you log when you're in a bad place, eating-wise?

Options
13»

Replies

• lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    ^ The daily weigh-ins are a good idea if one can't get back to logging. At least you are keeping track of your weight. I only weigh once a week but for three weeks I didn't and that was when I gained the most! Knowledge is POWER.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I own it. When I'm in a bad place I go into "robot mode" and double down on my routine. This means I'm extra cautious about logging and weigh everything. I push whatever's bugging me into a motivation to run, bike, swim, lift... I've found my best sessions doing this and learning to channel that same energy to turn this into something positive.

• garystrickland357
    garystrickland357 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I do now. Someone mentioned on the forum that your body "logs" the calories so we might as well also. I ask myself what intelligent person would lie to themselves about the information needed to make good choices? That said, there are days like yesterday when honesty isn't possible. It was a treat day at work and I indulged. I logged as well as I could - fully aware that I was most likely WAY off.
    I have learned the hard way that I can't be successful by ignoring the scale and not logging. I try to see it as data now and not a barometer of my self control/self worth. This way there is nothing to feel bad about.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I am currently pregnant, and trying to keep a handle on my calories so I don't gain too much weight. Currently being at the beginning of my pregnancy I'm trying to eat at maintenance (or that's what I have my goal set to) but I've been so freaking hungry that I've been going over my goal by 200-500 calories every day for the last week and a half or so :( Sometimes I want to just say "F it" to logging but I log anyway, no matter how ugly. I do it because I want to have the data to look back on and do calculations based off of. If I gain too fast or too slow I'll have the data to support whether I need to cut back or add on and by how much.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I do now. Someone mentioned on the forum that your body "logs" the calories so we might as well also. I ask myself what intelligent person would lie to themselves about the information needed to make good choices? That said, there are days like yesterday when honesty isn't possible. It was a treat day at work and I indulged. I logged as well as I could - fully aware that I was most likely WAY off.
    I have learned the hard way that I can't be successful by ignoring the scale and not logging. I try to see it as data now and not a barometer of my self control/self worth. This way there is nothing to feel bad about.

I like that distinction!
  • joaniebalonie088
    joaniebalonie088 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have been pretty lax on logging my "bad" days. I'll either just bulk add calories which I think are in the ballpark, or painfully add things close from the database. Some days, I won't add anything.

My weight loss had stalled and I know this is why! I am trying to be kind to myself and be proud that I am not gaining, and have increased my fitness and well-being. I just need a bit more discipline on my "bad" days, and decrease the frequency with which they occur!
  • Blythmag
    Blythmag Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    As soon as i stop logging i go off the rails...theres ya answer