hrm that shows calories burn/ energy boost after sick

Options
I know everyone has probably read this same post over and over

im looking to purchase a HRM that shows calories burned for example when i walk the dog technicaly the dog runs me and shoveling snow ect.
someone mentioned a polar f6 sounds great but way over my budget thinking something around 50- 60 dollars not 100 and up.

anyone have something that works.

And does anyone have any energy boosting ideas i was sick for well over 2 weeks with throat, ear ,chest infection now that the medication is done and feeling better, I find now my stamina and energy level down somewhere in antartica.

:smile:

Replies

• faylou
    faylou Posts: 89
    Options
    I know everyone has probably read this same post over and over

im looking to purchase a HRM that shows calories burned for example when i walk the dog technicaly the dog runs me and shoveling snow ect.
    someone mentioned a polar f6 sounds great but way over my budget thinking something around 50- 60 dollars not 100 and up.

anyone have something that works.

And does anyone have any energy boosting ideas i was sick for well over 2 weeks with throat, ear ,chest infection now that the medication is done and feeling better, I find now my stamina and energy level down somewhere in antartica.

:smile:
  • ggooding12
    Options
    Omron HR-100C*Est. $30

According to reviews, the Omron HR-100C is easy to use and doesn't have a lot of fancy functions to confuse novices. The Omron is an owner favorite for its ease of use -- measuring heart rate with a chest strap and… transmitting data to the wrist-mounted display. It has a high/low heart rate alert, a time display and an alarm. Users also appreciate the user-replaceable batteries. Some complain of erratic heart rate readings, but most are satisfied considering the unit's low price.

PRO'S:
    Basic heart rate monitor
    Easy to use
    Inexpensive
    Easy-to-replace battery
    High owner satisfaction

CON'S
    Some report erratic readings
    Battery life could be better
  • gsschulte
    gsschulte Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    for the HRM. it really deosn't matter which brand. the polar has a download function and a no crosstalk coding for the strap and really your paying for the name i think but i picked mine up on sale from sports auth and paid about 106 after tax. as long as you get a strap with it any HRM (the ones without are not as reliable while exercising.) should do what you need it to do, measure and count calories burned. other than that the rest is frills.

the energy boost man i know how you feel. when i am down in the bottom i eat liver or add some fat and iron to my diet. but honestly the only way to get energy is to spend it. get up and start moving. if im sick and i lay in bed all day i feel like crap. if i don't let it stop me i feel better about the whole business. but thats me and i have not had the real knock down in a while, i have been lucky. if adding small things to your diet does not work you may need to readjust your thinking. it may be your head that is keeping you down. just a thought.