What weight scale do you have?

Options
I have an etekcity one I bought on Amazon, and I'm starting to think it's not super accurate.

If I step on, it gives me one weight. Then, if I step off, wait for it to reset, and step back, it's almost always at least a pound lower :/ I started testing it a few weeks ago when I was concerned maybe it was old and I needed an upgrade.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    That could just be the battery. I've had the Fitbit Aria scale for a couple of years now, it's decent. Even though my Fitbit died it still logs my weight to the iPhone app.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I have a Weight Watchers Scale and am pretty happy with it. Do I think it’s perfectly accurate? Probably not. But it’s fairly consistent and usually matches up with the scale at the doctor’s office.

I think it was like $20 at Target.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I have a fitkeeper scale from amazon. It matches the scale at my doctors office. Sometimes it will give me a weird reading, but it’s easily corrected. I just check to make sure nothing has slid underneath, set it back down, and make it recalibrate. If that doesn’t fix it, then it is time for new batteries.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    What you're describing is a problem with consistency, not accuracy. I have had an EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale with lighted display for several years ($20 on Amazon). The scales I had before were neither accurate nor consistent. Consistent means you get the same weight every time you step on (or at least most times, as long as it's calibrated); and accuracy means it will give you the same number you'd get on an expensive triple-beam balance scale at your sawbone's office. The EatSmart is both consistent and reasonably accurate in my experience.
  • curlster
    curlster Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have lying scales I eat a mars bar and I put 10lb on, next time they lie to me they are going threw the window