Losing weight for wedding, any others?

I only just got engaged this week yay! I'm 25 kilos overweight and don't want to set a wedding date until I've lost at least 20kg. Any others trying to lose weight for a wedding? Want to motivate each other?

Replies

• poopingfrog
    poopingfrog Posts: 2 Member
    I am!! Not my own wedding though, my aunts wedding. Need to fit in the bridesmaids dress!
  • Amazonian87
    Amazonian87 Posts: 11 Member
    I am! We haven’t set a date yet either and won’t until after feb. I would love to lose 25 pounds as soon as possible I have already lost 32.
  • vilomah_mama
    vilomah_mama Posts: 2 Member
    Congratulations - to you both, and to your aunt! I’m looking to lose about the same for my (eventual) wedding :) I’d love friends for motivation and to support.

Feel free to add me :)
  • cathylucky
    cathylucky Posts: 1 Member
    Yes me. I’m getting married in 13 months 😱 so far I’ve got from 11st 12lb to 10st 10lbs so happy with the stone of but it has taken me months. I would like another stone of by February so I can go try on dresses then hopefully I’ll just maintain that weight. I’m afraid of it going back on over Christmas
  • Gone_goffing
    Gone_goffing Posts: 2 Member
    Me as well! About 45lbs ish to lose for my wedding 11.2.19. We set a date so I’d have motivation, but it’s not really working. But I won’t go dress shopping until I’ve lost at least 30.
  • aosborne81
    aosborne81 Posts: 39 Member
    Best of luck ladies!!

I do have a suggestion for dresses (and take it with what you will). If you can, go with a corset back dress instead of a zippered dress. It can help with any continued weight loss, or last minute weight fluctuations leading up to the big day without needed the whole thing altered. I know some places have a suggested timeline of when to buy and get fitted, etc. and they want you to stay the exact same. Which is not always possible, so a corset back is just the laces up the back and gives you a bit of wiggle room and makes the dress fitted without another go around of tailoring. (I did this for both my wedding and as a bridesmaid and it came extremely useful as a bridesmaid when I lost some weight and was wearing a strapless dress!)
  • Amazonian87
    So I’m finally in the 170’s my goal by the end of the month is to be at 175 so I’m working on it slowly. I have been doing 100 squats a day plus some ab workouts. I’m taking it one day at a time.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    I’m already married but I am hoping to reach my goal weight (or very close to it) by my sister-in-law’s wedding in May :)
  • carlaringuette
    carlaringuette Posts: 158 Member
    My son is getting married in January 2020. I need to loose at least 50 pounds . Don't want to be immortalized as the BIG mother of the groom. I would like to look fit.
  • Angeeya
    Angeeya Posts: 1 Member
    Same!! Getting fit for my best friend and my little sister’s wedding in June next year. Please add me, we can stay on track together!!
  • flow2mfp
    flow2mfp Posts: 3 Member
    I need to lose 65lbs in total, but have my sons wedding in April next year ! I’ve just got back into my calorie counting, so hopefully will lose a but .!
  • ratch1982
    ratch1982 Posts: 1 Member
    I get married in June n really want to lose 42lb hoping I can keep focused 😳 feeling pretty low atm x
  • Mykatet
    Mykatet Posts: 54 Member
    Me! Getting married in October.
  • BackInSoFL
    BackInSoFL Posts: 82 Member
    MOB in July. Looking to lose 1 lb per week until then.
  • Amazonian87
    I’m 2 pounds away from my goal for the month. I keep telling myself slow and steady wins the race! I am making a lifestyle change after all.
  • tmaree2
    tmaree2 Posts: 37 Member
    My son is getting married in October 2019 and i don't want to be 'that' person in the forever memories.
  • misshealthydoc
    misshealthydoc Posts: 14 Member
    Me! Want to get in good shape again for my little sister's wedding in August:)
  • ashley_eventing
    ashley_eventing Posts: 12 Member
    I just got engaged to and want to drop 20 pounds by July 25th! That’s my date add me for support!
  • Mini_Kylee84
    Mini_Kylee84 Posts: 1 Member
    Engaged June 16 and have gained 10 pounds since buying my dress. Wedding is May 25 and January 1, s***gets real