What are some good substitutes for sugary snacks?

Options
7rainbow
7rainbow Posts: 161 Member
Hi all,
I am probably one of the world's pickiest eaters, which makes it hard to eat healthy because nothing tastes good to me! I am always craving sweets. So far making smoothies is helping those cravings, but I would love some other ideas so I don't drink smoothies until I hate then (which is what usually happens with food for me, it already happened with juice and sandwiches!). Any healthy but yummy suggestions? 🙂

Replies

• IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Sugar free jello prepackaged. Anything sweetened with Splenda like smuckers sugar free jam. Also natural blackberries strawberries add Splenda and lime zest.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    IsETHome wrote: »
    Sugar free jello prepackaged. Anything sweetened with Splenda like smuckers sugar free jam. Also natural blackberries strawberries add Splenda and lime zest.

ditto on jello and splenda and berries. I used to get the Smuckers SF jam, but nuked berries (Aldi has reasonable pricing on frozen berries) with splenda and a bit of gelatin taste way, way better than the Smuckers SF jam.
  • lcatalan93
    lcatalan93 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I like doing fruit with some Peanut butter : ) (green apples) Or maybe some Mango with Tajin oh yea!
  • placeboBL
    placeboBL Posts: 62 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    99ttkvcj1rwj.jpeg

These are good.

Frozen berries are also good.

Mixing cocoa powder with a little bit of water or milk and a sweetener like Stevia or monk fruit and dipping strawberries or apple slices in it is delicious. You can add some PB2 or alternate powdered peanut butter to the mixture as well, if you like chocolate peanut butter. Much lower calories and fat than something like Nutella (and honestly has a better flavor).
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    placeboBL wrote: »
    Mixing cocoa powder with a little bit of water or milk and a sweetener like Stevia or monk fruit and dipping strawberries or apple slices in it is delicious. You can add some PB2 or alternate powdered peanut butter to the mixture as well, if you like chocolate peanut butter. Much lower calories and fat than something like Nutella (and honestly has a better flavor).

And speaking of cocoa powder, you can make hot cocoa at home for way, way fewer calories than the commercial packets if using unsweetened cocoa powder & splenda & milk/water (choose your own ratio of milk/water and fatness-level of the milk).

(edited to remove quoted picture)