I'm ready...finally

Options
A great friend recommended I check out this site over a year ago. A few thoughts ran through my mind..."Is she being funny...can't she see that I'm anything but fit?" "She has never had to worry about being fit a minute in her life".

I then stumbled on an old e-mail with a link to the site and thought I would at least check it out.
FREE...that sounds like me and HEY...there are un-fit people trying to get healthier here...and did I mention, it's FREE?

It's not just a bunch of judgemental, spandex clad size 0's (I mean size zero's) telling me that I just need to eat less, drink more water, excercise more, etc. It's hard having well-meaning friends (and some strangers, too) that have no idea what it's like to be double your ideal weight telling you their tricks to lose weight. Especially if their greatest loss has been 5-10 lbs. Great for them...but at this weight that's a weekend fluctuation.

So, I decided to sign up and have lost 3 pounds in 5 days, despite even a few pretty lousy food choices. Now, imagine if next week I skip the garbage food...I'm finally ready to lose the extra person worth of weight.

Replies

• Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • rebsaganes
    rebsaganes Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will love it here! The support is great, so make sure you get some friends.:flowerforyou:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. You'll love it.
  • Bonnieraed
    Options
    Way to go. My son told me about the site. When I see some of the calories that I am eating I just go "Oh No" Will now work on the health part and not just the eating part.