27yr old female trying to lose 90+lbs let’s talk! I need motivation buddies and tips!

Options
lacesoutkathy
lacesoutkathy Posts: 3 Member
edited December 2018 in Motivation and Support
79ej3i1skemn.jpeg
10cxab0rp89f.jpeg
tp25zj7ni0la.jpeg

Hey I’m Kathy, 27, I live in Michigan! Just looking for support and friends to message. I’m looking to lose 90lb total maybe more. I’m currently 310lbs and a size 26/28. I’ve lost 20 so far! I’m honestly more worried about being a certain size then I am a certain weight.

I’ve been overweight pretty much since I was about six years old. When I was in the 5th grade I remember weighing 230 pounds, and 8th grade I remember being a size 22. All I’m saying is ya girl been chunky funky since birth pretty much! Lol.

My first goal is to be 275lbs so I need to lose another 35lbs. I got a pair of jeans in a size 24 I’m trying to be comfortable in.

Also looking to talk to females 20-35 about dating while overweight. I’ve only dated really skinny guys, but I’ve been in my feels about dating and trying to lose weight.

Let’s talk! Add and message me!
I’m an odd soul but a friendly soul. (:

Replies

• navdeeprana
    navdeeprana Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You can do it. Stay Strong
  • coulsonavenged
    coulsonavenged Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've got this. I'm 32 and have a loss goal of approx. 96 lbs. Don't forget women's sizes are labeled by voodoo- there's little rhyme or reason between different lines of the same brand let alone between different brands. I have a size range I want to be at, to accommodate for this. I also want to be in that range rather than a specific number on the scale (hence the approx. goal), because honestly I don't remember where I was when I felt my best and felt I looked my best, but it was in that vicinity. (I love your Christmas sweater, by the way!)
  • JustMeJustEm06
    JustMeJustEm06 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Girl, I feel ya. I’ve always been considered overweight. I’m done thinking about weight and am all about thinking healthy!
    Going to end up needing to lose about 80 pounds here if I were to put a number on it.
    But my main goal is really focusing on a healthier life and letting the weight loss follow suit.
    I’ll add ya!

axpugjyk1lzl.jpeg
  • ffdelorme
    ffdelorme Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! We have similar stats! I started 2018 at 310 and since June I’ve dropped almost 55 lbs, currently around 256 and hoping to lose 76 more!

Started as 24 and STILL can’t fit into some 22s, but in tops I went from 3/4x to 1/2x. I lose pretty evenly from all over so it takes me forever to drop a size.

Anyhoo, I’m Canadian living in Calgary but was born on the other side of the Detroit River (in Windsor). Also I’m 37 but hopefully 5jtq8g80y83q.jpeg
    that doesn’t make me terribly uncool.

My BF and I met each other at our highest and are losing together. I’ve been large my whole life and have always been upfront about it when dating, everyone has a type and I don’t take it personally when I’m not theirs.

Message if you want to talk and good luck! Consistent tracking has worked for me and I hope it continues to do so for you too!
  • allisoneiler0714
    Options
    You can do this!! I’m new to the my fitness pal but really dig how encouraging everyone is!
  • UnicornAmandaPanda
    UnicornAmandaPanda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me.. Id love to have some people to connect with while on my own weight loss journey
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    KellyLouiseGibson Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am planning to lose 3 stone 42lbs in the new year. I started running 6 weeks ago an am up to 25 min runs at a time now! Very exciting! Then gonna run a 10K end of May.
    Good Luck to you xx
  • sam_shrink80lb
    sam_shrink80lb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can add me I started 3weeks ago and I want to lose 80-90lb too maybe even more than that if possible!
  • amandah3493
    amandah3493 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me! Looking to add friends to make me accountable!! Also need some motivation!
  • DaisyBunBun
    DaisyBunBun Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hi there! I'm new to this app myself and nice to meet everyone :3 I'm 276(16-18 in jeans surprisingly still and have to wear 2X clothing). I'm talking standing at 5' 7" so that kinda helps me not look as big. Anywho I'm with ya on this. I stress ate a bit last fall during junior year of college and I jumped so much in weight. I was originally like 215-220ish and then by spring break I was 268, and now I'm 276. I was very upset with myself about that so I really want to lose the weight.

My initial goal weight is 210 and stretch goal 185. I'm hoping to shed quite of bit of pounds by May graduation. And I'm fortunate enough I do have bf who loves me for me and not my size and he always wants to find ways to help me out.

My family has a history of diabetes and i dont want to follow that. Growing up I visited hospitals and seen grandparents/aunts/uncles sick, done got amputated, need pace makers, etc. So that is a strong motivation for me to get better and not really as much as how I look. I do love to eat lol and have to be very mindful. Probably have spent some good amount of money just on fast food alone, especially as college student who is too tired to cook after a day of studying/class. I want to stay motivated and make a change ^^"
  • bhurley100
    bhurley100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You got this!
  • wowshai
    wowshai Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I’m really new to the whole weight loss community thing but I am a pretty good at avoiding commitments and would also like to have an accountability partner. We’re in basically the same boat, a few differences here in there but for the most part- the same.

I’d be okay with keeping you accountable as long as you helped me! :)

I just need a little push to keep myself going.

I plan to begin my journey in January!

let’s kick butt.
  • FemmeBritt
    FemmeBritt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Kathy... Brittney here.... Just turned 30 on 12/21, ugh. I just signed up for MFP today (had an old account years ago), because I need to lose 100lbs. I'd love to connect with you as a buddy on here. The fact that you've lost 20lbs is inspiring!
  • liltortillaboy
    liltortillaboy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! I’ve added you :)
  • Heathe_r
    Heathe_r Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Howdy, neighbor! I live in Ohio.
    I'm 27 and 206lbs. Goal weight is 170.
  • chaotikkaos
    chaotikkaos Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    hey, 27 current 210lbs first big goal is 160lbs but in the end 135 lbs. Gotta start somewhere!