Chubby chick

Options
Hi! My name's Mindy and I've been using this app for a while, but it's the first time I've checked out the community side of things. I've been unhappy with my weight for as long as I can remember, but especially now I'm at the heaviest I've ever been and I hate the way all of my clothes fit. My problem is I can't seem to get motivated to lose weight. It's hard because I'm a college student and I'm not in any sports. I danced from elementary through high school, but since then I've lost a lot of strength and flexibility as well. I'm hoping really being committed to this app will help!

Replies

• winchestervol63
    winchestervol63 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey Mindy - good luck. I've had some pretty good success and can assure you that, while exercise is good and necessary for health, it's not going to be the key to weight loss. I think 90% plus is what you eat, not how much you work out. So, knowing the time demands of being a college student, I'd advise you to get what exercise you can while doing things that you like to do, and don't beat yourself up if you miss a day or two here and there.

You're on the right track by keeping up closely with your intake. Good luck!
  • mwalle09
    mwalle09 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Good luck, even if you are into sports it is hard, I originally gained a lot of weight in college and I was a sports guy. Just need to find a plan that works for you and commit to it with consistency. Don't be shy about it, just do it openly.
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    @mindymichelle1647 you could consider getting more active in college events, meal choices that are very limited to fast food, if you could afford a gym membership also...there’s also Fitnessblenders & Gymra on YouTube... the same way you can set a study timetable it’s the same way you can do it for meals and extracurricular activities not easy but can be done.... I am not a personal trainer but I can try and help