ok so I went over by 43 calories today

Options
Just don't think it will hurt me that much.

Tomorrow is a new day.
My promise to myself is that I will come under my goal.

I did walk for 76 minutes today.

everybody keep trying. Don't give up if you went over. I don't intend to give up this time.
Carolyn

Replies

• barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    so not a big deal...
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Anything under 100 calories either way is pretty much perfect. You'll be a little over or a little under every day and it balances out.
  • xoArielleMarieox
    Options
    By the time you walk to your kitchen and back and maybe to the bathroom and cough/laugh a few times. The 43 calories will be gone.
  • crazyeaCHANGED
    Options
    I went over by 4500 on tuesday. The first time I messed up since january. Today I checked my progress for the week and I'm under overall. I'm ok with it.
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Its ok to go over for a little while every now and then... try to stay under for about the same tomorrow and you're back level!
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about that little bit girl!!! It's when you go over by 100's that I'd worry!! Or going under by 100's....
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    43 is awesome. great job staying close to target :)

if you are really bothered by these calories, try jumping rope, running around the house in circles, or anything that gets your heart pumping for about 5-6 minutes. That will take care of it for sure :)
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    43 calories is nothing! As long as you have MFP set to lose weight than your daily calorie deficit is higher than this anyways. So you will still lose weight.
  • lalalazzz
    lalalazzz Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    LOL I go over at least once a week! Yesterday over by 740.... haven't gained one single pound back. Chill out and don't worry about it, it's good to shock your metabolism a little. Zig zagging... people change their cal goals each day! This is a life style not a diet.
  • RickinNH
    RickinNH Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    43 calories is within the margin of error. If you were 43 calories over EVERY DAY, it would probably statistically catch up with you. But one day is meaningless.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I went over by 4500 on tuesday. The first time I messed up since january. Today I checked my progress for the week and I'm under overall. I'm ok with it.

wow. that is 3 times how much i eat!
  • cree_d
    cree_d Posts: 22
    Options
    I never worry if I go over or under, especially by so little! It just makes you feel bad and want to eat more! Plus the numbers are really just estimates anyway, unless you know your actual metabolic rate and weigh your food. Even if I go over by a lot one day, I don't beat myself up. As long as we make our way back to the path of healthy living we are ahead of where we would have been if we had never gone on it to begin with :) This is the first time in my life I've felt like I've changed my lifestyle instead of just going on a "diet" and it makes it so much easier! There is no such thing as "cheating", just doing your best to make good choices every day... and occasionally eating something super delicious!
  • crazyeaCHANGED
    Options

My daily intake to lose 2lbs a week is 1400cal. That day, I had 5500. Ooops. Didnt even think about it until I entered in to my app later.

I went to Red Robin with some family. Burger, Cheesecake. Anyway, I over indulged big time. When I was done, the pain I felt afterwards was punishment enough. LOL.

Obviously, I have been on good behavior for a long time, and that was just stupid. I worked my butt of this week to be under. 60+ mins a day on the elliptical.

Needless to say, I wont do that again anytime soon.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

DONE THIS.. hahaha
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    43 calories is probably less than the margin of error in calorie estimates in general. I would consider that being within your calorie budget for the day.