50+ pounds to lose....

Options
I need some other people who have a substantial amount of weight to lose to keep me motivated and on track!

Replies

• ginabina13
    ginabina13 Posts: 202
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I've got another 40 to go!
  • ginabina13
    ginabina13 Posts: 202
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I've got another 40 to go!
  • His_daughter06
    His_daughter06 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to loose 60lbs and I want to loose it as fast as I can!! keep it up and encourage me :) lol
  • Cateyes0831
    Cateyes0831 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have WAY more then 50 pounds to lose :ohwell:

Feel free to add me :happy: I find that keeping myself in challenges really helps me out.
  • tallthickchick11
    Options
    I have 85 more to go. We could both use some motivation...
  • StacyBMe
    StacyBMe Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I need to lose the same amount and have been trying to do it on my own, feel free to add me I need some buddies that encourage me as well!
  • lynnie30
    lynnie30 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Please add me to the list! Could we all just add each other? I really need the motivation.
  • CCLadyBug
    Options
    I DID have 50+ to lose, but I've lost 17 and have about 40 to go. Add me as a friend and I'll help cheer you along. I hope you make your diary viewable at least by your mfp friends. I find that helps me to be accountable. Best wishes for you! You can do this!! :smile:
  • SailingMike
    SailingMike Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    This is why I love MFP... look at all the support!

I did see someone who said they wanted to "loose it fast" Here is what I have learned:

1. In the first weeks of starting exercise program most folks gain weight because muscle weighs more than fat. SO don't just weigh yourself... MEASURE to see what your body is really doing.
    2. NEVER eat less than about 125O calories... OR try to loose too much too fast. Your body goes into starvation mode and retains fat.
    3. It took YEARS to put on the weight... eat HEALTHY (food pyramid) exercise regularly... and slowly it will come off.
    4. SLOW weight loss is most likely to stay off long term.
    5. DON"T "diet"... just learn to eat properly and exercise regularly.
    Fill out your profile, particpate on these boards, add some friends who encourage you .... and HAVE FUN with it!!

"It matters not if we try and fail, and try and fail again. But it matters much if we try and fail and fail to try again."
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options

I did see someone who said they wanted to "loose it fast" Here is what I have learned:

1. In the first weeks of starting exercise program most folks gain weight because muscle weighs more than fat. SO don't just weigh yourself... MEASURE to see what your body is really doing.
    2. NEVER eat less than about 125O calories... OR try to loose too much too fast. Your body goes into starvation mode and retains fat.
    3. It took YEARS to put on the weight... eat HEALTHY (food pyramid) exercise regularly... and slowly it will come off.
    4. SLOW weight loss is most likely to stay off long term.
    5. DON"T "diet"... just learn to eat properly and exercise regularly.
    Fill out your profile, particpate on these boards, add some friends who encourage you .... and HAVE FUN with it!!

"It matters not if we try and fail, and try and fail again. But it matters much if we try and fail and fail to try again."

I completely agree!
  • icandoitgood
    Options
    Add me!
  • lindasain
    lindasain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    hang in there. I have lost 64 pounds and I have 50 more to go. I was so surprised how fast it came off. It is a bit slower now but I am hanging in there. You can do it
  • ansley1
    ansley1 Posts: 23
    Options
    Add me! I have lost 70 but I have 70 more to lose :) It's an uphill battle but we can do this!
    Ansley
  • kimyettar
    Options
    Add me. I have more than 50 to lose and find that motivation is very helpful especially when having rough days. We can do it!
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I'm a healthy journey cheerleader. I like to motivate and encourage people on the healthy road. I don't diet. I don't believe in diets. I believe in the food pyramid, eating in moderation and in portion control. I don't deprive myself of anything that I want. I work it into my daily calories.

I'm not trying to lose scale weight. I'm aiming to lose body fat percentage/pounds of fat. I have started a thread under the Fitness and Exercise thread called Fat Loss vs Scale Weight Loss. It shows what I believe in.

Anyway, if you would like me as your cheerleader, add me.
  • Tess12513
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I have lost 10 pounds since joining and have about 40 more to go! We can all do this with the support of one another!!
  • kristlynngirl
    kristlynngirl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm in this boat too! Feel free to add me, anyone!
  • codonnell13
    codonnell13 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Add me! I've lost 7 pounds so far, but I still have 55 left to go! Having support from people who are going through the same thing definitely helps!