Modeling in NYC

Options
Seasons greetings! I’m Lily, formerly in-shape woman, who, post holiday eating binges, in now less so. Thanksgiving really did a number on my diet and movement. I gained ten pounds in 2 weeks! I used to do some free lace modeling (at 5’1” I’m not fit for runway) but now I can’t even fit into my skinny jeans. I know my goals sound quite superficial but the lapse in health has begun to affect my sleep and energy levels. I started walking up at 3pm and not being able to fall asleep until the early morning. Once I started regulating what I eat and doing a mere 250cal in the gym, I’ve been back to my normal cycles. As trite as this all sounds, MyFitnessPal has really helped with monitoring and accountability. I think twice before grabbing that eggnog, not wanting my daily goals to be affected.

Replies

• lilypmayer
    lilypmayer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It’s me a week before thanksgiving and the chaos ensued.
  • mwalle09
    mwalle09 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I was asked to model a bit at the end of hs and early college, I know it is hard to believe! The good thing is you are close to your goals already, its just exercising a little thought behind what you are eating and dealing with all the holiday foods in a healthy way. The good thing is, its only for a few more weeks so even if you struggle with it, there will be a lot more time without those temptations coming up.
  • NvrGivUpM8
    NvrGivUpM8 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi Lily, don't b too hard on yourself! Be happy in your skin. It is all in your control that is for sure.

Discipline, portion control, healthy food choices. It is all up to is to decide what lifestyle you want and whether you want to slide into those skinny jeans again.....
    I know you can do this. Just keep your hands off the eggnog lol cause that is not gunna do you any good chugging that down haha...

Everything in moderation and meal planning and you got this. Oh and don't forget to hydrate like an athlete!
    Enjoy
  • jessimia
    jessimia Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Eating higher carb and not consistently exercising messes up my sleep too! Feel free to add me!
  • lovelysheis
    lovelysheis Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose weight and get into modeling to build confidence. Add me