What’s the perfect diet for you?

Options
I’m not asking about the perfect diet in general, I don’t want to open that can of worms 😂 But for you personally, what kind of diet plan makes you feel the best and helps you achieve your goals? What does a day of this diet generally look like?

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I'm kosher and vegetarian. For me, a diet that lets me hit my protein and iron, and has room for snacks and small indulgences works well. Today wasn't perfect; I didn't hit my iron goal. But some days I go over. It balances.

e2peysl7d65d.png
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I do best when i eat little to no processed food. No oil or sugar. A day usually includes a lot of fruit, plenty of green leafy vegetables, and beans. I love a homemade veggie soup and almost always have a pot on hand. I also like homemade sauerkraut and usually have at least a jar on hand.
  • laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Pescetarian, low in processed food, refined sugar, and refined grains, no alcohol or other intoxicants. Lots of fruits and vegetables and a good balance of protein, carbs, and fat.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    ellioc2 wrote: »
    I’m not asking about the perfect diet in general, I don’t want to open that can of worms 😂 But for you personally, what kind of diet plan makes you feel the best and helps you achieve your goals? What does a day of this diet generally look like?

Foods I like ... in slightly smaller quantities than what I'd like.

I sort of lean toward something in the Mediterranean / Vegetarian range.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    ellioc2 wrote: »

calorie deficit, eating lots of nice food, a good amount of protein, some fruit and veg and lots of peanut butter as fat satiates me.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    For once I listened to someone's advise: MFP. I accepted their calculation i.r.o. daily calorie consumption in order to achieve a reasonable, long - term weight loss. Then I needed to understand macros and how my general eating pattern fits those requirements. After nearly 9 months I eat about 30 % carbs and 35 % each fat and protein. By now I am able to walk an hour or so which I do every second day. This new life style feels sustainable to me - not only for my very long - term weight loss, but beyond. I am also learning not to worry too much about the long term future but concentrate on tomorrow's meal plan and take it meal by meal, day by day. Physical balance is one half, psychological balance also needs to be taken care off. So far, so good.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    My weight loss plan wouldn't be suitable for you OP - it was the 5:2 diet.
    I ate foods I enjoy (mostly high quality, very varied, mostly home cooked, bit of an emphasis on keeping protein up, fairly high carb...) but at maintenance levels 5 days a week and at a large deficit 2 days a week.

I get cranky in a deficit so being very cranky twice a week was more sustainable and easier to adhere to than being cranky every day.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Eating all foods in moderation with portion control, and emphasis on protein around 35% of my calorie intake. A lot of veggies too.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    My perfect diet

1. A diet that I can sustain for life
    2. A diet that includes all the foods I like
    3. A diet that does not include all the foods I dislike
    4. A diet that keeps me at my desired weight
    5. A diet that incorporates all food groups
    6. A diet that gives me at least the minimums I need for protein and fats and all those micronutrients.
  • vgentile990
    vgentile990 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I’ve done keto for 2 years and it works but did not find it sustainable long term now I do flexible dieting
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I strive for macro-balanced meals with about 400 calories. Doesn’t matter at all what kind of food I eat, or when I eat it.

For me, at its core, food is fuel. I know I feel better and am more productive when my macros are in balance.
    I know I can get my calories entirely from cookies, but I know how awful it makes me feel the next day so I don’t do that much anymore.

The first time I realized that I can eat anything for breakfast that I want, daily meal planning became a lot more interesting to me.
  • dulinh
    dulinh Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My goals are to hit at least 100g of protein each day and stay within my calorie goal (which I set each month and stick to for the entire month). Anything more complicated is probably unsustainable for me.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    One that helps me reach my goals, which change quite frequently. Typically though higher in protein, at least 3 moderate-high carb days, being able to enjoy my food. Again though there are days where it is strictly business, and days where I just go wild. I am very flexible and all fits in with my plan.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Speaking very generally...

- most of my cals between 2 and 6pm
    - most of my cals from foods I like but not love
    - a reasonable balance of carbs, fats, and protein
    - foods that require as little prep as possible