Tummy Tuck

Options
springtrio
springtrio Posts: 429 Member
I've posted here before wanting advice on this, but now I'm wanting advice from someone who has had one. I've been working 3 years at it, and while I'm seeing some changes with diet...I know it's not going to be back to where I want it after this long, plus diet. I know this is a serious decision that is going to leave me not being able to exercise for months (I've had cesereans, and I've been told at my consults it's nothing compared to a tummy tuck). So if anyone has had one, advice on how long you'll be out...what to expect? I know I'm not even going to be happy with seeing my UGW on the scale when I look down and see everything I worked for still isn't there. I need to schedule soon (your consult fee can be applied towards cost of surgery if you schedule within a certain time frame). Would like some advice from someone who has been down that road. Major decision to consider, but one I know is going to make me more positive and confident to be able to eventually be in the fitness industry like I want to do. Thanks :)

Replies

• Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I would like to hear some stories too! I'm thinking im going to need a tummy tuck when I'm done.
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I haven't had one...but my friend has and she says she has no feeling when it comes to sex....she's totally numb (in that area) and hates that even though her abs look GREAT. I'm so sorry if that is TMI but I saw your post and thought I would share. I have NO idea if it is like that for everyone else...but that was her experience. To make matters worse...she is overweight everywhere else. I believe it is because she hasn't changed her eating. I hope you get good advice. Good luck on this journey:))
  • springtrio
    Options
    I haven't had one...but my friend has and she says she has no feeling when it comes to sex....she's totally numb (in that area) and hates that even though her abs look GREAT. I'm so sorry if that is TMI but I saw your post and thought I would share. I have NO idea if it is like that for everyone else...but that was her experience. To make matters worse...she is overweight everywhere else. I believe it is because she hasn't changed her eating. I hope you get good advice. Good luck on this journey:))

Well I don't have to worry about that since I don't get sex anymore. LOL On a serious note though, her diet could probably use some major help...I definitely have a clean diet with the exception of a bag of mini popcorn about 1-2x a week. Thank you though - appreciate your advice. I'll be sure to ask my surgeon about it!
  • springtrio
    Options
    Bumping.
  • mandy_lynn
    mandy_lynn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My friend at the gym had one. She was out for 6 weeks, although it was longer until she could do our normal ab work in class. She said if she had it to do over again, she would not. I do believe she had 3 csections prior to her's also. Her scar is higher than her bikini bottoms, so it looks odd.
    On a side note, she got implants at the same time and those look great! LOL
  • springtrio
    Options
    My friend at the gym had one. She was out for 6 weeks, although it was longer until she could do our normal ab work in class. She said if she had it to do over again, she would not. I do believe she had 3 csections prior to her's also. Her scar is higher than her bikini bottoms, so it looks odd.
    On a side note, she got implants at the same time and those look great! LOL

LOL. Well, if I lose the boobs anymore those are going in too. I will not be without big boobs.
  • terrijean04
    terrijean04 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I had mine on Aug 5th. I am sooo happy I did it. I lost 130 pounds over a year and a half and knew from the very begining I would be geting one done. It took all the excess skin away. No exercise in the world would ever do that. I also had the girls put back where they belong too no implants though to much work for those and their kinda scary. I am commited to my new body I researched, asked questions and really thought about the choice I was making. It IS a commitment you make to yourself. It is not easy recovery it is long and boring. I fight the urge every day to exercise now. Remember whatever your choice is IT'S YOUR BODY AND AND YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!! Good Luck friend me if you would like more info...
    Take care
    Terri