100 cal above my goal cal-what to do?

Options
So yesterday i went all out. I ate too much. I am regretting it now. However, is there anything that i can do to accommodate yesterday's loss? Also are there any tips of things to do after overeating to avoid bloating effect?

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Look forward, not backwards. Do better today, be consistent going forward. If you do that, yesterday won't matter.

100 cals over your MFP goal shouldn't be a problem. More than likely, your calculated deficit is more than that 100 cals, so at worst you might maintain for that day. But bigger picture, nothing meaningful happens in such a short period of time. Bloat, water weight, and maybe a little extra food in your system is all you're actually gaining... all of which will go away when you're back on routine. Take a breath, take a step back... it's part of the process. Not every day is going to be perfect.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,232 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Is there a typo somewhere? 100 calories over goal is still under your maintenance calories so really can't be considered going "all out."

Did you mean something other than 100? Although individual perception matters, 100 is not really what most consider “all out” and really isn’t overeating (since it’s still going to result in a loss). 100 calories is pretty much in a normal range of normal eating (some days a little over some a little under).
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    As mentioned look at your week. 100 cals is pretty minimal if it is just one day of the week. That's like a sneeze or something right? :p
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry at all about going 100 calories over in an individual day. Your deficit is probably more than that, so you're still in a deficit for that day. If I found myself always going 100 calories over, I might consider either adjusting the size of my deficit or making some other change. But 100 calories in a single day, no big deal.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    You do understand that your calorie target is a substantial deficit from maintenance right? 100 calories over and you're still in a deficit. Besides that, a day is pretty insignificant to the big picture...
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    You do understand that your calorie target is a substantial deficit from maintenance right? 100 calories over and you're still in a deficit. Besides that, a day is pretty insignificant to the big picture...

I think this nuance gets overlooked by the more inexperienced users a lot. If you're set with MFP to lose 1 pound a week, your deficit is 500 calories per day. So it was 400 yesterday (hypothetically). No big deal! Even less of a deal when viewing calories on a weekly basis.
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Move on.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    exercise off any overeating.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    exercise off any overeating.

its 100 cals... its not worth worrying about in the first place...