What do to with egg whites?

Options
anewrac
anewrac Posts: 52 Member
Hi,
I bought a frozen pack of egg whites...thinking that it was a good idea!

So far, I made scrambled egg with 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites.

I found a recipe where you mix 2 egg whites together and put them in a pan and then add 2 tbsp salsa on top and sprinkle with 1oz grated cheese.

I'm thinking of using some for pud, but the only thing I can think of is meringues or pavlova.....Mmmmm pav sounds good!!!

Any ideas for the rest of the egg whites??

Rach x

Replies

• spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Frittatas!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I only use them for omelets. Waiting to see what everyone else does with them.
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    because i dont eat egg i cant really give any ideas apart from eat them. Maybe mix them in a salad?
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    scramble them, add whatever vegetables you would like
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I bought a frozen pack of egg whites...thinking that it was a good idea!

So far, I made scrambled egg with 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites.

I found a recipe where you mix 2 egg whites together and put them in a pan and then add 2 tbsp salsa on top and sprinkle with 1oz grated cheese.

I'm thinking of using some for pud, but the only thing I can think of is meringues or pavlova.....Mmmmm pav sounds good!!!

Any ideas for the rest of the egg whites??

Rach x

Sub them in other baking, too, like pancakes, french toast, etc.

I just took 3 egg whites and threw in 1/2 cup morningstar farms crumbles, 1/2 cup pepper and onions (frozen), 1/4 baby spinach, 1 medium slice of onion. Spice it up, cook with nonstick spray and voila! Yummy omelette.

Try frying one flat (kind of like an omelette without filling) and slice for salads or add to a sandwich / wrap.
  • katekrise
    katekrise Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Put them in salads, sandwhiches, make a veggie wrap and add egg etc...
  • geicko
    geicko Posts: 151
    Options
    Morning crepes ! I eat that at least once a week for breakfast :)

0.5 cup egg whites
    2 tbsp whole wheat flour
    Some vanilla extract + sweetener to taste.

It makes 2 yummy six inch crepes.

Love it with vanilla yogurt, fresh strawberries and maple syrup.
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I saw a thread on here that suggested adding them to quick oats before cooking to up the protein content. Said you couldn't tell they were in there.
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    My sister scrambles them up with spinach and a touch of mozarella. It's pretty tasty.
  • anewrac
    Options
    I've just been doing a bit of googling.

2tbsp liquid egg white = 1 egg white

You could:

Make an egg white omelette and have with salad as an alternative to potatoes,
    Make an omellete and put it in between 2 pieces of bread,
    Make crepes; 1/2 cup wholewhat flour, 2 egg whites, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1 pinch of salt. Mix together, spray pan with oil and measure each crepe out with 1/4 cup of mixture.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......still looking ;)
  • anewrac
    Options
    I'm going to make some baby pavlovas.

Serves 4

3 egg whites
    recipe says 3/4 cup caster sugar, but I'm going to use Natvia in a smaller quantity
    2 tsp cornflour
    1/2 tsp white vinegar

Pre heat 120c Line tray with baking paper. Beat egg whites until it forms peaks, add sugar and whisk until dissolved. Add cornflour and vinegar and whisk again. Spoon 4 x 10cm diameter meringues onto the prepared tray. Bake on the lowest shelf for 45 minutes. Turn oven off, but leave pavs in the oven to dry. Open the oven door slightly and leave for 30 mins. I'm going to spoon a little low fat yoghurt on top and top with some strawberries and passionfruit.
  • anewrac
    Options
    Thanks guys ;)