Myfitnesspal VS. gym

Options
I must say, I had a gym membership for a year, went the first month or two didnt really loose weight. Been with fitnesspal for about 2 1/2 months and I've lost almost 20 pounds. This site has like changed me, really so happy to have it!

Replies

• viggie
    viggie Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Me too. I've been gone about three months and I started back and had only gained two pounds. If I were with WW I would have gained it all back and more. :laugh:
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I think because My Fitness Pal is so interactive with the app and website and is also free to join it is a lot easier. Plus it is something we have to work at so it makes us accoutnable to ourselves. We have that nagging feeling in the subconscious part of our mind to .... don't forget to log your food.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    For me it was the opposite. Had a gym membership for 8 months - lost slowly but steadily when I decided I might do better if I counted calories, so joined up with MFP about a year ago, but the combo of Gym + MFP is what made me successful at losing weight.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I agree. Love MFP! It is so positive for the most part and most important is as you start to really log and then track yourself and others you start to learn how to eat better for yourself and watch how your body responds and then adjust in kind. I know some folks get turned off by the "lifestyle change" phrase, but it's been true for us. My wife (hootsmamma) and I have been on this journey since January and on here since March and she has lost a total of 36 and myself a total of 48. It's been a life saver and what a great bunch of folks!
  • jenniferhiggins
    jenniferhiggins Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    i have been on myfitnesspal for a month and i have gained 6 pounds. now i enter in the about of calories i burn a day. i burn 726 calories on a treadmill for an hour. so it says i need to eat 2,336 a day. though i would like to lose at lease 1 pound a week. though i entered all my info weight, how much i wanted to lose etc. so does that mean that if i follow what myfitnesspal tells me the weight will come off. i work out everyday for 1 hour. on the treadmill and then i also lift some weights.

its says i must eat 1610 calories a day to lose 1 pound a week on non workout days. if someone could please help me, i would greatly appreciate it.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    If you make your diary public people can give better advice.

I would say if you're eating healthy and doing that much exercise and gaining weight I would go to the doctor for a check up.