Slowest Runner Contest

OldAssDude
OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
edited December 2018 in Fitness and Exercise
Lets have a contest to see who is the slowest runner.

I think I am the slowest runner on planet earth, and damn proud of it... :)

Here is todays 3.5 mile run...

hd8qhzqzxs7h.png

Splits 1 & 3 are walking for warm up & cool down, and split 2 is the actual run.

Even snails laugh at me as they are passing me... :)

Post your slow runs and see if you can beat me in slowness.

I bet you can't because...

I AM THE KING OF SLOW RUNNING!!!

Replies

• RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    I don’t have any stats to post but I’m a trail runner so I run a lot of hills/mountains and with elevation gains of 650 feet or more, the going can get pretty slow indeed :#
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    You are the king of keeping it going!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    I use to run every day for a year or so.

I averaged only 10 min miles when I would run 10-12 miles in the morning before catching my baseball game then squat and deadlift after game.

It was a pretty slow pace the next day.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Fantastic running! Speed doesn't matter. I, too, am a slow runner and happy to be running.
    My average pace is around 14-16 minutes a mile (9:00-9:45 minutes/Km).
  • OldAssDude
    lorrpb wrote: »
    You are the king of keeping it going!

Thanks.

Yeah, I am pretty consistent. :)
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 386 Member
    I run at 6kmh on my treadmill...
  • MrsKGrady
    MrsKGrady Posts: 276 Member
    You and I could be running buddies. Those stats look just like mine.
  • PaigeAnderson1793
    PaigeAnderson1793 Posts: 21 Member
    edited December 2018
    I don't have a run to post, but I do want to say nice job for kicking butt and continuing to push yourself. The fact that you pushed yourself to finish says more than anything. Great job!
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Congrats on your 5-miler!

I probably do 10-11 min miles. I wish I could compete with you, I think I'd really enjoy slow-running. But I run in my neighborhood and get too embarrassed being passed by power walkers or people just walking their dogs. :s
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    I easily fall into a 12 minute mile pace. It is hard for me to push past that. The cadence feels funny or sometimes it affects my daily head pain. So 5mph is usually my average, and I have never run farther than half marathon distance.
  • LWlazer
    LWlazer Posts: 11 Member
    Slow or fast, as long as you are moving you win. I run 4 days a week and I try to go as slow as I can on the long run days but I always end up going to fast and fast for me at 76 is 11+ min miles.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    So here is a unproven method for slower people to improve their pace... One way to increase your pace without a lot of effort is just to run 20 steps BIGGER. And then go back to your conversational pace for a while. Then do another 20 steps BIGGER. I can easily take an entire minute off my mile pace just by deciding to do these 20 step "sprints".

That is a really interesting idea. I typically run 11 to 12 minute miles. I'm going to head out tomorrow morning and try to remember to do this. *IF* I remember, I'll report back here what my results are.

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Also - OP, I think it's awesome that you're out there. No matter your speed, you're lapping those on the couch. You rock! :flowerforyou:
  • OldAssDude
    JustSomeEm wrote: »
    Also - OP, I think it's awesome that you're out there. No matter your speed, you're lapping those on the couch. You rock! :flowerforyou:

Thanks.

I am in my 3rd week of a half marathon program and the program says i should be doing my runs slow (conversational pace). I can do a mile in about 10 minutes, just not at a conversational pace.

Just working on endurance now, so not worried about pace until i can run at least 10 miles.
  • TariDoesLife
    TariDoesLife Posts: 2 Member
    Hey OldAssDude...your pace is WAY faster than mine! Oh wait...I don't have a pace b/c I haven't run in over 2 -3 years (honestly I can't even remember the last time I went running).

I did the Dallas Marathon in 2014, and since then I slid into hibernation. I miss running, but I have no motivation at all. But I just got my cholesterol results - and I'm officially motivated. And I'm motivated by your awesome pace! ;)
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    I am also frequently DFL. But we're out there doing it.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    This is fantastic!