Struggling to stick to 1200 calories

Options
2»

Replies

• VVEXVVEX
    VVEXVVEX Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200/day and I acknowledge it's not easy.

My lifeline is protein snacks like yogurt (plain with berries), cottage cheese with a little cinnamon and splenda, string cheese, or boiled eggs. They shut down the hunger monster.

I also space out the calories across multiple meals so breakfast and lunch might be 250 each, and snacks are 150 each (two-three times), leaving some for dinner. And I eat back at least half of the exercise calories most days.

And lastly, I always have an egg at breakfast, or I'm starving by 10.

I am losing a pound a week on this strategy so far and hoping to lose 15.

Good luck!
  • akburmeister
    Options
    I'm at 1200/day and I acknowledge it's not easy.

My lifeline is protein snacks like yogurt (plain with berries), cottage cheese with a little cinnamon and splenda, string cheese, or boiled eggs. They shut down the hunger monster.

I also space out the calories across multiple meals so breakfast and lunch might be 250 each, and snacks are 150 each (two-three times), leaving some for dinner. And I eat back at least half of the exercise calories most days.

And lastly, I always have an egg at breakfast, or I'm starving by 10.

I am losing a pound a week on this strategy so far and hoping to lose 15.

Good luck!

I have found that when I have an egg for breakfast I do SO MUCH better throughout the day. Have you ever seen Jessica Seinfeld's Bird Nest recipe? It's awesome and has an egg in it... keeps me full through breakfast, and tastes like hashbrowns!
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time at first sticking to 1200 calories a day too. It was because I was so used to eating so much before. The way I found that helps is do some sort of exercise every day to increase the calories you can eat. Even if it is just walking. I found that it makes it much easier to deal with if I exercise every day and it has been working. Give it a chance and best of luck to you. Feel free to add me if you would like.