Weight loss is coming to a halt

This is when I usually become discouraged because I'm doing the right things. The one thing that is keeping me going is that I'm standing so much straighter and walking better. I don't want to go back to where I had been but I have soo far to go that, at this pace, I feel like I'll never get there! I'm afraid that I've dieted so much that my metabolism is frozen despite the fact that I've been exercising. I'm just letting off some steam.:explode:

Replies

• tommys
    tommys Posts: 61
    Hang in there swestbro, don't give up!
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Keep reading, researching and experiment a bit. You have made good progress, don't give up.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    seems like some lucky people never plateau or don't plateau for a long time. I'm right there with you. I've been stuck and yo-yoing with the same 5ish pounds the last 6-8weeks and making me very sad. but I plan to add some more rest days, drink plenty of water and watch what I'm eating like hawk. I'll break this plateau just like you'll break yours. feel free to add me.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    seems like some lucky people never plateau or don't plateau for a long time. I'm right there with you. I've been stuck and yo-yoing with the same 5ish pounds the last 6-8weeks and making me very sad. but I plan to add some more rest days, drink plenty of water and watch what I'm eating like hawk. I'll break this plateau just like you'll break yours. feel free to add me.

With that awesome attitude, I'm sure you will!

Best of luck for you both, you will be able to find what works for you!
  • Bluejay789
    Bluejay789 Posts: 176
    Try measuring yourself. Or have a friend measure your arms, chest, waist and hips.

I am in one of those areas right now and I am not seeing the scale move but I can buttom up a shirt that a month ago I could not close. Don't go by the scale as muscle weighs more than fat.

Keep doing what your doing and make sure you eat your calories so you don't go into starvation mode.

You can do it. Don't give in. Plateaus are the hardest part but once you pass it it you will be so proud of yourself!

Feel free to friend me and I will be glad to support you... claire
  • Autumn15
    Autumn15 Posts: 213
    Hang in there everyone has points of frustration...maybe just try shaking up your body a bit to keep it guessing...fluctuate your calories on random days...switch up what your doing for exercise...it's suppose to be harder to hit plateus if you keep your body guessing
  • swestbro
    swestbro Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you everyone for your advise. I needed to hear some words of encouragement!:flowerforyou: