GEORGE FORMAN GRILL USERS!!

Yesterday I purchased a George Forman grill for only $18 at Target! It's the regular small black one, "champ" grill for basically a single serving!

I know it says it is a "non-stick" grill, but I would love to try grilling salmon, chicken or my turkey / chicken burgers.. Does anyone spray any olive oil? Canola oil? Before grilling??

What are your favorite recipes?

Replies

• azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    I cook everything on mine - including fish! I give it a quick spray of olive oil Pam. Some things still stick, but its not too bad. Enjoy!
  • mampm1
    mampm1 Posts: 88
    I almost always spray a cooking oil spray before cooking. Usually Canola or Olive Oil based. Enjoy it!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Do NOT spray anything on the grill. Trust me on this. It gets all stuck and refuses to come off. If you find that your grill is losing its non-stick properties, wipe it down with some oil and let it sit for a few hours, and then clean it as usual before cooking on it again.

I don't have any recipes because I generally just grill the meat plain and then add seasonings afterward. My husband makes a mean burger on it, but I don't know what he puts in them.
  • lambchop1042
    lambchop1042 Posts: 102 Member
    I have the champ grill too-- and I always spray Pam on it, although supposedly you don't have to I've never risked it.
    It's great for grilling all sorts of meats, but I also like it for grilled cheese and homemade paninis! My fav: grilled chicken tossed in basil pesto (or marinara) on wheat baguette with a sprinkle of low-fat mozzarella. Delish!
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    I have never sprayed the grill but I have only cooked hamburger patties and chicken on it, but it works great... If I was to try fish, I would probably feel that I needed to use spray. Good Luck and enjoy your grill they are awesome
  • I'd spray in case

I love making panini's with whole wheat sandwiche thins, turkey/chicken, and tomatoes and spinach. Mmmm.

I have a round one with a bunch of plates. It's cool to bake fish in the deep dish plate but you can grill fish on a normal one too. and chicken!