Christmas weight loss and exercise

Options
Hi guys! For the past 2 weeks I’ve been using the NHS couch to 5k running app (with Sarah Millican as my trainer) and I’m doing really well! 4.5lb lost! My goal is to get to 9st 4lb. I’m a little anxious that the Christmas period will set me back further no matter how hard I try. I’m visiting family over Xmas and while they know I’m trying to lose weight (and am lactose intolerant) year after year I end up unwell and given very unhealthy versions of food. Does anyone else feel this worried about Xmas?

Replies

• Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Just remember that overall, it is not what happens between Christmas and New Year that is the problem, but what happens between New Year and Christmas. Sure Christmas could set you back a bit but nothing will replace the memories created with your loved ones over the holidays. Eat what you normally would over that time but just eat a bit less and get back on the horse again when it is over. At worst it will set you back a few days to a week which, in the scheme of things isn't that long.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Do you end up unwell from overeating or from traveling during cold and flu season? If the former, control your portions. If the latter, start taking vitamin C and zinc now.

What do you mean you are "given unhealthy versions of things?" Is someone poisoning your food? If you just mean they have sugar and fat, again that is addressed by portion control.
  • R4U1R0DR1GU3Z
    R4U1R0DR1GU3Z Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, Im always dreading holidays, but I've been working extra hard in anticipation to that. I'm planning on letting loose and get right back to it in as couple days.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    Don't eat things with lactose if it makes you feel unwell.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Do you arrive early enough to help with the cooking? You could prepare some delicious things to share which would be safe for you to eat. As to your main question: No. I exercise at home and don't have much of a family to entertain.