Toned Abs

Options
Hey MFP community! So I know there’s the saying that “Abs are made in the kitchen” which I can completely understand, but do any of you have a great routine for toning your midsection? I deal with flabbiness and loose skin due to the weight I’ve lost so far, and have always dreamed of having a nice flat stomach. Not looking to be body-building chiseled, just wanting to create some definition. Thanks!

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

Start with strength training.

Re: loose skin - this will take some time. Skin will snap back to a point. But it depends upon genetics, how far the skin was stretched, how long the skin was stretched, etc.
  • flowerhorsey
    flowerhorsey Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to disprove that abs are made in the kitchen :neutral: so far it's not working! My abs get hit during squats and deadlifts.. So much so that sometimes they will be sore the next day... I also like different cable rotation variations and I also sometimes use ab gym equipment.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    kyda95 wrote: »
    I deal with flabbiness and loose skin due to the weight I’ve lost so far, and have always dreamed of having a nice flat stomach

Exercises don't target the skin or fat layer. It won't give you the look you want, sorry.
    It can take up to 2-3 years for loose skin to snap back on its own (if it will snap back). Nothing else can be done for skin. To shrink the fat layer, eat in a slight calorie deficit.
    For strength training, follow a standard, full-body plan, without modifying it. Choose any plan from the pinned post. :+1: