What's everyone's favourite weight tracking app?

Options
I weigh myself every day and look for an overall trend. Right now I'm eyeballing it but some people have been mentioning using an app for that specific purpose. So what do you use and why do you like it more than others?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,178 Member
    Options
    Truthfully, I haven't been that analytical about the choice.

I use Libra, because I have an Android phone. I know that some of the others have interesting features, but so far I haven't heard any specific things that make me want to overcome the inertia of the easy solution.

It's just basic statistics; I could've worked up a spreadsheet myself to do what I wanted, but the app is easy, and good enough.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Happy scale for iOS
    Libra for Android
    Trendweight.com for web based.

I like trendweight and use it, but have Libra on my phone.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I don't like any of them. I am sure they are fine if you are looking for "good enough" but I do not like being told I am gaining (fat) weight when I am not which can happen.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Libra
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I use Libra
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I don't like any of them. I am sure they are fine if you are looking for "good enough" but I do not like being told I am gaining (fat) weight when I am not which can happen.

Can you explain what you mean here? Libra is the only one I have experience with, and it simply trends out the values (scale weight) I enter into it. It tells me nothing scout fat weight vs water weight vs whatever else.
  • Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    NovusDies wrote: »

Can you explain what you mean here? Libra is the only one I have experience with, and it simply trends out the values (scale weight) I enter into it. It tells me nothing scout fat weight vs water weight vs whatever else.

I was wondering the same thing. I have Happy Scale.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I use Happy Scale. I like that it breaks my weight loss goal down into 10 mini-goals which I always find motivating when I hit. It’s also easy to use and I haven’t had any problems with it.
  • BingeNinjaNate
    BingeNinjaNate Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I use trendweight.com simply because I can connect it to my fitbit account and it can automatically pull my weight from my Aria 2.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    I have an iPhone so I use happy scale. I also have trendweight setup for the web (but since I’m always on mobile, I’m limited to seeing whatever period it shows me-so it’s not as useful as I’d like it to be).

I have a fitbit wirh an Aria scale. Everything is synced to pull directly from that. I like that I don’t have to actually do a single thing other than step on my scale and it’s updayed everywhere automagically.

But for trending-I find the trendline that fitbit draws to be the most useful for me. It basically confirms the eyeball approach.

Fitbit doesn’t give me the specific number for the trending weight (which the others do), but it gives me the number without red or green shading (which happy scale does-although after 5 years I still haven’t figured out what makes it shade one color vs another-I’ve been gaining/losing at times I’ve had both colors), and I can look at it in nearly whatever increments I want (which trendweight can supposedly do on a desktop site, but doesn’t on mobile).
  • coderdan82
    coderdan82 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    So for Android, without a Fitbit, it looks like Libra is the most popular. Appreciate the input.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Yep Libra for Android. I love it.
  • Suuzanne37
    Suuzanne37 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Happy Scale; Iphone✨
  • KatyCSTinPNW
    KatyCSTinPNW Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    VeSyncFit. The scale is Bluetooth to my phone and syncs directly to MFP. It really helps me see that weight loss is an overtime thing.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I just plug my weight into the Fitbit app - i can see my trendline and it gives me my 7-day weight avg
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Libra. Gives me a trend line as to how close to my desired deficit I am, estimated goal date, and an estimate of my daily calorie deficit.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    'Monitor my weight' as it connects to fitbit