Trouble staying on track and focused

Options
Hi everyone! I've lost 13 pounds so far! I'm having so much trouble lately staying focused and on track. I find myself mindlessly snacking at night, hubby wants me to sit on the couch and watch TV with him and BAM! I have a bag of cheetos in my hand, or a piece of fruit (turns into 3), and then I weigh in and feel like crap because the scale has gone up. What do you guys do to stay focused and to NOT snack while watching the TV? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• intrigame23
    intrigame23 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Drink water. Lots and lots of water!
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I stopped watching TV :D:D:D it just makes me want to snack so I do something else instead like go for a run/walk, clean around the house, read, arts/crafts, look at photo albums, be on the computer, etc. (luckily my partner doesn’t watch much TV either)
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Couple of things work for me that might work for you...

1. Big bags of chips (or anything I overeat) don’t come in my house. I plan for an individual small lunch size bag like lays for a tuna sandwich.
    2. I eat a 500-600 calorie dinner and cutoff for eating is 5pm ish. Something mental about having a cut off time plus I sleep terribly on too full of stomach.
    3. Brush my teeth early seems to mentally help too. Ugg can’t eat I just brushed my teeth kinda thing:).
    4. Fizzy water while watching tv sorta stomach expanding and sense of fullness.

Don’t know if they work for anyone else but worth a try?

• gsheppy
    gsheppy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Instead of eating I go to bed. Instead of watching tv I read while my husband eats and watches tv.