Introduction :)

Options
Hey! My name is Carmen. I just joined myfitnesspal today and I'm so excited! This is exactly what I've been looking for.

In 2006 I lost 50+ pounds on the Prism Weight Loss Program. I was exercising consistently and eating right, and I felt better than I had in years. And then Life reared its ugly head and I stopped doing all the right things. I put it all back on, plus some!

I know that mine is not an unusual story, but I'm tired of being overweight. I'm 40 and I want to be healthy again. I want to run a 5K a month. I want to be a good example for my 12 and 14 year old daughters because I don't want them to struggle with weight the way I have my whole life. I know that the only way I am going to be successful on this journey is to eat (and journal!) the right foods, exercise, avoid sweets and bread (I'm allergic to wheat and rye and people tend to be addicted to the foods they're allergic to), and get the support of people who are going through what I'm going through.

I know I can lose weight. I've proved to myself many times in the past that I can LOSE the weight. It's the KEEPING it off that I haven't been able to do. I'm going to need help to do that. :)

I look forward to getting to know new people here and offering my ideas for success that I've learned along the way. Here's to ALL of us achieving our weight-loss goals!

Replies

• charmainecurrie
    Options
    welcome
    i have been here for about 3 weeks and just love it
    feel free to add me:)
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    This is an awesome place, I'm SURE you'll love it! [:
    Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Matthew112830
    Matthew112830 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome! I sent you both a friend request. :)
  • OElleBelleO
    OElleBelleO Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Friend me! :) I'd be happy to give any support.
  • OnlyGodCan
    OnlyGodCan Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!! You have my support
  • bjoiful30
    bjoiful30 Posts: 1
    Options
    I will tell you that I don't look at you and see you as overweight, my dear! We can do this together! For me it's all about accountability and knowing that someone else is doing it with me (I'm such a social creature at heart!). I took a "SELF" magazine quiz called "My Happy Weight" and was told that the weight that I'm at right now is the right one for my lifestyle, so I'm just looking to be a healthy mom. I want Jordyn to learn healthy eating and exercise habits from me and she's in the imitating phase now, which is a mirror that reflects things that I don't like sometimes! I'm excited to like up with you here :heart: :heart:
  • tirby
    tirby Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am about 20 lbs overweight and need to get back to PHASE 1.. can any of you help me with that?
  • dimitriusgladi
    dimitriusgladi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wishing you all the good luck for your pursuits. This is a good starting place to step into a new phase in your life...being heathy and fit. God Bless.