ETA of maintenance era

Options
pierinifitness
pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
edited December 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
When do you expect to enter the maintenance chapter of your current fitness, health and wellness journey? ETA means estimated time of arrival? When you’ll be maintaining your ideal weight range?

I’ll go first.

Mid-February 2019, my 64th birthday. To be specific, 2/19/2019 around 6:00 am, my normal morning weigh-in time.

For me, I’ll need three consecutive days in this ideal zone before I consider myself as “arrived.”

I’ve done this before. This time, I’m going to be diligent with a maintenance mindset. It gets harder to chisel with age. Easier to maintain.

Talk is cheap so we’ll see in my case.

Who’s next?

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    When I finish my current fat loss cycle (end of January) - I’ll go back to maintenance as I start marathon training
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 lbs back in 2013 and maintained for a while. Ran my first bulk at 41, my second at 42 and am currently eating at maintenance and working on recomp now at 44. I'm getting good, and of course slow, results and usually hover within a three pound range.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I go through short periods of maintenance, right now I am maintaining until further notice. My ETA of longer term maintenance will probably be summer of 2021 or 2022 depending on my physique and if I want to run more bulk/cut cycles. I might not even maintain at that point but recombulk. We'll see.
  • hixa30
    hixa30 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I have about 18 kilograms to lose so it's a minimum of 126 days and a maximum of about 395 days because I plan on going overseas to see someone then.
  • Heidijens123
    Heidijens123 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I plann on posting this Jan 1st. Hopefully it will be in the spring time.
    qvnmd3i68kjm.jpg
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    When I reach 160ish lbs. I'm 188 at the moment and 5' 8.5". I don't have a date set on that (which is a good thing), but I suspect it'll be sometime in the mid to late Summer.

I don't know that I'm looking forward to eating more than I do right now once I get to maintenance if only because I'm pretty satisfied with how much I eat now as well as what I eat. I suspect I'll get over that via baking more. Though it'll also probably coincide with some major life changes so yea - we'll see how this goes. I'm ok with being in the 150s as long as I'm strong and healthy.
  • caroannv
    caroannv Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hopefully by the end of January , if not before. I had to lose this weight TWICE because last time I was careless and unscientific when I reached goal. This time I’m going to be eating at TDEE and adding exercise cals and lifting AND logging honestly and monitoring and absolutely NOT faining back
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    March 2000. Been doing well since then.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining for about two years now. I've pretty much decided I want to try to drop another 5-10 lbs of vanity weight, but I'm waiting till the weather warms up, as it's easier for me to eat lighter and walk more then. I'm also not sure I'll want to stay at the lighter weight - just want to see how it looks and feels and if I'll be comfortable maintaining there. If not, I'll float back up to where I am now :smile: And while I'm maintaining my weight, here or there, I will hopefully be continuing to focus on fitness goals for the foreseeable future!
  • mikea2g
    mikea2g Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    By March 1st, 2019. I have another 20-25 pounds of loss before I start maintenance and recomp. I think a solid week of being between 220-225 will officially enter me into maintenance and recomp.

Down 63 pounds so far and just reached overweight BMI this morning for the first time in 15 years!
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    For me probably at the end of February 2019. I am about 6 lbs away from goal currently.

I am still undecided though if I will try and lose another 5 lbs after that. If I do it will be a slow loss...probably take at least 3 to 4 months.