My Wife Surprises Me Almost Daily

Options
TheRoadDog
TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
edited December 2018 in Chit-Chat
So, we're retiring July 3st, 2019. Tired of Portland and moving to the sunshine. Narrowed it down to Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV or La Quinta, CA. Getting our home ready for sale. So, last week I told my wife I would look at some of the things that affect retirement in the different states. Sales Tax, State Tax, Retirement Tax, etc. She said, "You already put that together." I said, " I don't recall that."

So, yesterday, she sends me a copy of my email with all this info broken down. I had sent it to her on January 7, 2008. She's been saving this info for almost 11 years?

I hope she doesn't have a Grudge File tucked away somewhere.

Replies

• Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Sounds like she's been looking forward to retirement for a while.
    Y'all enjoy it!
  • Dakase83
    Dakase83 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Some taxes may have changed since then.. might want to double check.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    Dakase83 wrote: »

That was my first thought as well. Actually, it would be quite interesting to see what has and hasn't changed tax-wise (and whatever other research was included) since 2008.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Dakase83 wrote: »

That was my first thought as well. Actually, it would be quite interesting to see what has and hasn't changed tax-wise (and whatever other research was included) since 2008.

Haven't dealt too deep, but here's what I have so far:

6sr09a92bj9w.png
  • competeagain4x
    competeagain4x Posts: 167 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Daylight savings???
    Arizona is beautiful by the way
  • MrSunshinez
    MrSunshinez Posts: 573 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    The suburbs of Phoenix are nice and Phoenix itself has faired well after the recession. It is hot, it is crowded with traffic. Stay away from Tucson. It may look nice but it's at the bottom of every good list and near the top of every bad list. I know, I live here I'm trying to get out by next year.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    Women tend to hang on to things like that, just for the day they can whip it out and surprise you. She probably is detail oriented and already has a retirement file.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    She's exactly the kind of partner you need in your quest for world domination.
  • bigblondelady4984
    bigblondelady4984 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Lol lovely that she has been keeping track of important things like that but also worrisome if she does have a grudge list too . Look for the file man . Lol happy you got a good one
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I love this and aspire to be like her. My husband regularly asks me, "Do you remember which town we stopped in for breakfast in Utah in 2013?" and I pull up the stops list from that road trip and tell him.
  • SpicyWater
    SpicyWater Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    This is honestly kind of sweet :) congrats to you and your wife on retirement!